MLS Comes To Detroit! Motor City FC!

DelayedPenalty

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildly unconventional. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it.

I like the "interstate number" idea, but I also feel it ditches the beautiful crest that should be adorning the left chest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm really happy with the new logo and how it turned out. I've never done a soccer concept before so I surprised myself. After a few requests to see some uniforms I went ahead and did a home set using gordi_delini's template. Tell me what you think!

Motor-City-FC-Kit.png

Different.

An American "FU" to european style.

Typically American.

I love it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm really happy with the new logo and how it turned out. I've never done a soccer concept before so I surprised myself. After a few requests to see some uniforms I went ahead and did a home set using gordi_delini's template. Tell me what you think!

Motor-City-FC-Kit.png

Wow, those are actually pretty cool. Do keep in mind MLS is going in the direction of jersey sponsorship, a car brand would probably be most appropriate.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

These are really nice. I agree with deciding on numbers for the front of the jersey considering that teams are placing sponsors on the front...probably a car company for this one. Maybe place the chest shield with the number inside on the short. Otherwise this is top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Complete redesign of the logo was made after some questions about my choice of words, and similarity of color scheme to other teams.

Motor-City-FC-Crest-1.png

Updated kits are located below. Let me know what you think!

I followed the advise of changing the interstate plate to the shorts to hold the number. I added the crest to the left side of the shirt and included a sponsor on both the home and road. Again I used gordi_delini's template.

Motor-City-Home-Kit.png

Home

MCFC-Road-Kit.png

Road

Man, there have been two really great Detroit MLS concepts on the boards. And just so you know you would need to change your number font to whatever the MLS uses, it's close to frutiger I think.

Yeah, it's kinda lame that the MLS uses a standard font for all teams. I know there's a template out there that has them already on the jerseys, but I haven't been able to find it. Anyone have them not on a sweater? or know what font is close cause I don't have frutiger kewp.

Unless you're resigned to switching to Frutiger like the rest of MLS, I would suggest changing to Blue Highway. It's the font that's on all the national and state highways, and makes a more suibtle tie-in to cars and transportation than your present font. Of course, Blue Highway is being phased out in favor of Clearview; you could go that way as well, though many people might not get the rationale behind it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Why does my computer not have any of these fonts?! Is Frutiger a standard font? Is there something that looks similar that comes standard on a Mac? Does anyone have Frutiger that they could send me? Cause I can't afford $24 for a font!

You can go to dafont.com, they have tons of fonts you can download for free, they don't have frutiger, but I'm sure you can get something close to it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Sorry, but I'm not sold on naming a possible MLS team in Detroit after its moniker, the Motor City. There should be a clear understanding of where the team is located, whether it's the city, state/province, or region. I would think Detroit City FC would be an appropriate name for such a club, or even if you must, Detroit Motor City FC. I would think that is what MLS expects of its new clubs.

And, as for colors, the old Detroit Express of the NASL and ASL used orange and navy, like the Tigers. I would think there should be some form of tradition carried over. And yes, as one poster eluded to earlier, incorporate silver as an accent.

Archived