MLS Comes To Detroit! Motor City FC!

DelayedPenalty

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I'm not sold on naming a possible MLS team in Detroit after its moniker, the Motor City. There should be a clear understanding of where the team is located, whether it's the city, state/province, or region. I would think Detroit City FC would be an appropriate name for such a club, or even if you must, Detroit Motor City FC. I would think that is what MLS expects of its new clubs.

And, as for colors, the old Detroit Express of the NASL and ASL used orange and navy, like the Tigers. I would think there should be some form of tradition carried over. And yes, as one poster eluded to earlier, incorporate silver as an accent.

Some excellent points. However;

1) How do you account for Chivas USA? I have no idea where they are from!

2) The blue and red carry over from my original concept which paid tribute to the French heritage of the city. I dropped the yellow in favor of white because of the ties to the interstate signs as a sort of automotive theme, hense the Motor City. It also ties in to the Red Wings and Pistons/Shock as well.

3) I'm pretty sure almost everyone has heard the moniker "Motor City" before, and could easily tell you what city it was.

CD Chivas USA is owned by the same person who owns CD Guadalajara (aka Chivas which is Spanish for The Goats). When he bought the MLS franchise, we wanted to bring the Latino community of LA together with the club, hence the name CD Chivas USA.

And I agree, Motor City makes sense for a team from Detroit - any time I hear "Motor City" I automatically think of Detroit.

OD_Signature.jpg

CD Chivas USA is owned by the same person who owns CD Guadalajara (aka Chivas which is Spanish for The Goats). When he bought the MLS franchise, we wanted to bring the Latino community of LA together with the club, hence the name CD Chivas USA.

And I agree, Motor City makes sense for a team from Detroit - any time I hear "Motor City" I automatically think of Detroit.

So Chivas is in LA? Ok, I watched the Houston-Chivas game last week and I had no freakin clue!

And, as for colors, the old Detroit Express of the NASL and ASL used orange and navy, like the Tigers. I would think there should be some form of tradition carried over. And yes, as one poster eluded to earlier, incorporate silver as an accent.

Since when has the MLS carried over tradition? The only team named after an NASL team has been the Earthquakes, and they didn't even wear the same colors. The only other time a team has used previous colors was Chicago, and that was only on their third jerseys.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Archived