NYFC (MLF)

Mac the Knife

As prior efforts to recruit someone talented to do this failed, I thought I'd take a layman's stab at creating a logo for my MLF club, "New York F.C."

nyfc.png

As you can see, I purposely have gone away from trying to identify the team from an object or animal, opting for a simple shield design. The football at the bottom is admittedly "creatively acquired" from the ball in the New York Jets logo, but with a few small differences: the interior colors are the red and blue of the New York Giants, while the ball itself is outlined in the green used by the New York Jets.

The blue and gold bar across the shield's top are reflective of the NYPD. I may also incorporate red into this area somehow to be reflective of the NYFD as well, but haven't figured out a way of doing it neatly.

What I now need to figure out is what to put in the remaining shield area... I was considering a "statute of liberty with skyline" motif, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to pull something like that off. I was also considering something that would evoke the NYFD without being obvious about it, but again drew a blank.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to complete this look, please let me know. Admittedly I've not spent a great deal of time on this, so any suggestions you might have (that can be implemented by an Illustrator novice, that is) would be helpful.

Thanks!

nav-logo.png

A couple of ideas I found from pictures of Lady Libery online.

lady_liberty.jpgLibertyMousepad.jpg

I gotta agree on maybe just the hand and torch in the center.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like the torch idea, but thought maybe that was going a little too WNBA "New York Liberty" with the idea.

The face shot of the statue also evokes the New York Rangers of the NHL, which is another reference I'd rather avoid.

The skyline, if done right, would avoid a Mets-like reference I suppose. Scar, can you come up with something along those lines?

Anyone have any ideas for incorporating a fire engine red into the mix?

nav-logo.png

what sport is this?

that ball looks like an afl ball.

it sounds like you are trying to 'encorporate' far too many public services into your logo.

why not just come up with a single vision. it tends to work better.

I like the torch idea, but thought maybe that was going a little too WNBA "New York Liberty" with the idea.

The face shot of the statue also evokes the New York Rangers of the NHL, which is another reference I'd rather avoid.

The skyline, if done right, would avoid a Mets-like reference I suppose. Scar, can you come up with something along those lines?

Anyone have any ideas for incorporating a fire engine red into the mix?

yeah, I just need to get a good picture, you want a pre- towers or post towers skyline?

Archived