Ottawa Senators/Capitals

mr. negative

Ok, so I've been a registered used for maybe a month now?

But I've been a big time fan of these boards for quite some time now, and I've been visiting the boards daily for the last few months.

I've come up with a few ideas, and put them together in Paint.

Paint sucks, let me say that first, but I wanted to throw together some ideas before I went off and got a better program to become more serious.

So, First i'd like to ask you all...what program do you use, and why?

I'm looking for something fairly easy to pick up, user friendly (but who isn't right?), and can do a whole lot more than what stupid paint can do. Let me know...

ON TO THE CONCEPT!

Here it is.

I use it for a fantasy league I've been running for years now with a couple of my buddies. I plan on cleaning it up soon once I get some feedback about what program I should use...

Anyhoo...

Here it is.

ottawa_capitals.jpg

My league uses it for the Ottawa Capitals, but I guess it could be a spin-off of the logo that Ottawa never used with the modern day Sens.

C&C as well as some feedback on what program you guys suggest I use...

Sorry for the long windedness of this post.

Thanks

like I said....not the greatest work.

It's Supposed to be the center block of our Parliament buildings with the Maple Leaf behind it.

I realize the leaf sucks the big one, but like I said, i'm going to clean it up after some feedback.

WTF is that?? Bit of advice...if you think it needs to be cleaned up and if you dont like it....clean it up so you can like it because we are not going to like it. Also I looks like one of those top hats that dwarfs wear haha. But yeah try and make a real maple leaf shape.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

WTF is that?? Bit of advice...if you think it needs to be cleaned up and if you dont like it....clean it up so you can like it because we are not going to like it. Also I looks like one of those top hats that dwarfs wear haha. But yeah try and make a real maple leaf shape.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ok, thanks...

that's a fair statement.

How about what programs you guys are using?

Any program that allows you to create in vector. Illustrator is my program of choice but will cost you a pretty penny (There are many cost efficient programs out there List of Vector Programs)

It will take a bit of time and patience to really get a grasp on how to take your vision and put it on screen, so take some time to sit down and really learn whatever program you choose.

another bit of advice...draw with pencil and paper and then scan and trace...i'm never very happy with the work that i do without a sketch being the basis of the logo

I actually just tried that for a re-do with this logo.....

i didn't like how my sketch turned out of the building, but the leaf is 1000000 times better....but thanks man!

Seriously everyone, this is helping so much..

Personally I wouldn't jump strait to vector just yet, I would download paint.NET, which is a tons better than MS Paint, get the hang of that, and then transition to a vector program. I went from MS Paint, to paint.NET, then went on to Inkscape, and I just got Illustrator last night, so I'm really excited to experiment and get the hang of that.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ok, thanks...

that's a fair statement.

How about what programs you guys are using?

ummm...Paint

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

OK,

Here it is!

Totally changed up. I got a much better leaf...a trace of a leaf from the Canada flag actually.

then, I stretched out the bottom on the tower to kinda reach from side to side, then of course I had to make the tower taller.

I added 2 smaller towers on either side of the large tower (the peace tower) because it looked so plain and added a black "roof" to the bottom portion as well.

The little red canvas sticks out abit I think, but I tried white, brown and black.....and I think this looks best. I defiantly didn't want to bring in another color.

ottawa2b.gif

let me know...

OK,

Here it is!

Totally changed up. I got a much better leaf...a trace of a leaf from the Canada flag actually.

then, I stretched out the bottom on the tower to kinda reach from side to side, then of course I had to make the tower taller.

I added 2 smaller towers on either side of the large tower (the peace tower) because it looked so plain and added a black "roof" to the bottom portion as well.

The little red canvas sticks out abit I think, but I tried white, brown and black.....and I think this looks best. I defiantly didn't want to bring in another color.

ottawa2b.gif

let me know...

This, while still needing some work, is a major improvement from this...

ottawa_capitals.jpg

BTW, anyone else think that the first one kind of looks like a disformed Thanksgiving Day Pilgrim Turkey?

Well, not being a huge hockey fan or canadian, I think I better leave the rest of the suggestions to the experts. I will say, however, that, even though I still feel it does need more work, it is a great base logo to start with and improve upon from there. So you have officially turned this around from endless joke to potential greatness. Nice Job.

I don't think using the leaf that prominantly would go over too well with the Maple Leafs in the league.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OK,

Here it is!

ottawa2b.gif

let me know...

OK..brown and red don't work very well. I would focus on the peace tower. Make the top of the tower the top of the leaf. Lose the brown and go with gray and a mint green. Have the hands on the clock point to 6 and 7. Another thing to add would be a flame at the base of the tower representing the Centennial Flame.

I use Photoshop because it is what I am most skilled with, having used it for over 10 years. My tip is to look at as may photos as you can...trace and sketch...then put your vision on the computer. And don't be afraid to have it take another direction if it decides to go that way. Just keep plugging away.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

You have a nice concept getting started. It'd be great if it weren't for hte fact that the Leafs have claim to the leaf. Maybe try the old "O" and put the parliament building in that.

I'm gonna throw around some different colors on that.

Yes, I do hear you guys, I thought the same thing about the leaf....the thing is this....Originally my logo was the building with the Canada flag on top.....i didn't like that, too plain, so i threw the flag in the backround... and it just looked like a new flag...

So finally I hit this up. I know it's so similar to the maple leafs logo, but it's Canada's flag! I donno...

I'm gonna try that "O" idea tomorrow...we'll see how that works out.

Until then, keep it up guys, this logo is becoming what it is because of you guys....and I thank you for it.

Archived