Obscure Jerseys

AndrewPF

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get a picture of it, but I have an orange Detroit Ambassadors OHL jersey. It's from 1991, and it was only a year or so later they became the Jr. Wings, then the Plymouth Whalers.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I guess this totally depends upon one's definition of obscure.

If you mean teams that no longer exist, I have a white Worcester IceCats replica, and a game-worn Saint John Flames home white jersey (Darrel Scoville).

If you mean not as well-known teams, I have a game-worn Saginaw Spirit jersey, a game-worn baseball jersey for the Mill City (Lowell, MA) All-Americans, and a game-worn Marshall University baseball jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I guess this one would go down as obscure, as the only other ones I've seen are Larry Johnson throwback aways. I have a Jamal Mashburn away replica Charlotte Hornets jersey. I've always liked the Hornets (not as much as the Nets of course) and I even have a lil' teal locker in my room of them. I've always liked Mashburn too. I know he was on the Mavericks first, but I first remember him with the Heat. Since they relocated, I haven't really given two cents about them, but then again, I'm a Nets fan first and foremost when it comes to the NBA.

I suppose my Montreal Expos blank home replica would also be obscure because I always get some sort of comment while wearing it. School, the entrance to Six Flags, going into the locker room for my hockey games, pretty much anywhere. The Expos seem to be that one team that everyone has a soft spot for or something. People just are intrigued by an Expos jersey, especially here in NJ.

I know that this topic isn't really for the players themselves, but I have a home Browns Jeff Garcia replica, which always turns a few heads.

-E.A.R.

2159951790100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Cleveland Barons 76-77 - a two year only NHL team, only wore Ohio arm patches one year

2830254470100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1982 NHL All-Star jersey - one game only style

2823062540100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

University of Minnesota 97-98 Alternate - one year only style. Actually didn't even last the entire year!

2996163780100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

2000-01 Houston Aeros Alternate - one year only style

2476316410100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Russian National Team 1998 - never actually used style. Now that's obscure.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I love getting my hands on some of the more obscure and eye-popping jerseys out there. Here's some of the highlights from my collection:

Football:

All 8 XFL jerseys

All 6 1995 WLAF jerseys

AFL 1998 No Fear Portland Forest Dragons Teal #98

NCAA 1995 Apex Iowa Black "Banana Peel" #24

Soccer:

2006 Nike USA "Don't Tread On Me" 1950-Style Red

Baseball:

2001 Rawlings Arizona Diamondbacks Purple GONZALEZ 20 (Auth. w/ WS Patch)

2004 Majestic Toronto Blue Jays Graphite HALLADAY 32 (Authentic)

2004 Fukuoka Daiei Hawks White IGUCHI 7

2004 Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Black KITAGAWA 46

NHL:

1990 Hartford Whalers Green BROWN 44

1997 Tampa Bay Lightning Blue "Storm" CICCARELLI 22

AHL:

1996 Bauer Baltimore Bandits White

2001 SP Quebec Citadelles Navy

IHL:

1995 Peoria Rivermen Yellow (Pro)

1995 Phoenix Roadrunners Black/Blue Flame

1995 San Francisco Spiders Black

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

LA KINGS BURGER KING ALT 96-97

MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM WILDWING ALT 96-97

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING RAIN STORM ALT 97-98

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

A Bridgeport Bluefish home jersey and black and white Bridgeport Sound Tigers uniforms from their old color scheme.

Next time I head back to Bridgeport I'm going to buy a new Bluefish uniform.

IUe6Hvh.png

1994 Scott Baldwin #32 West Michigan Whitecaps Home Jersey

1996 Keyshawn Johnson #19 New York Jets Home Jersey (Kelly Green)

1999 Sedrick Irvin #33 Detroit Lions Home Jersey

1994 Craig Johnson #14 USA Olympic Hockey Jersey (White)

2002 Charles Pauley #10 San Jose State University Away Jersey

BarrySanders.jpg

NCAA 1995 Apex Iowa Black "Banana Peel" #24

:envy:

On that Apex vein: I have Villanova, Kentucky, Arkansas, and St. John's shorts from that era. Regrettably, I don't have Penn, NC State, Tulsa, or George Washington (all with the same pattern). Boo.

I guess this totally depends upon one's definition of obscure.

If you mean not as well-known teams, I have a game-worn Saginaw Spirit jersey

I think the Saginaw Spirit is a pretty well-known team.

Colbert-saginawspirit.PNG

They certainly have to be the most well-known Major Junior hockey club in America.... :P

I've always been one to get the jerseys of the less obvious players on my favorite teams. I haven't bought a jersey in many, many years, but my favorite one was a #89 Mark Chmura Green Bay Packers Home Jersey. I got it when I was in like 7th grade, and I was a big boy back then, so it still fits 12 years later. I get a lot of comments, especially wearing it around Bears fans. When the Bears played that season in Champaign, I went to the Bears/Packers Monday Night game and was spit at (but not on, thankfully) and had things thrown towards me that missed. And any number of the obligatory statutory rape comments. I get a lot of those.

I have a John Kitna Bengals replica in the new style. He was the backup in those uniforms the two seasons the team wore them.

I have three Kijana Carter Jerseys. One is actually from back in the day, I got it for Christmas in 1994 or something like that. The other two were throwins on ebay purchases of other Bengals (C. Johnson and Boomer Esiason)I think I payed like 8 bucks total for them. They're great for pickup football especially since I converted one of them to my name by using the black nameplate off of my JV hockey jersey.

I also have a yellow Blue Jackets practice jersey, and a Corkum Ducks jersey that I got at a Garage sale.

and if we want to get real obscure I could say that I have the home and away versions of this.

jerome.png

I have 5 sets of my high school's hockey game worn jerseys including my own. I was a senior last year and knew they were getting new uniforms for this season and I have a soft spot for these uniforms because I was the one who designed them, so I asked my teammates if I could have their jerseys and alot of them gave them to me. But that's getting pretty obscure.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love getting my hands on some of the more obscure and eye-popping jerseys out there. Here's some of the highlights from my collection:

2004 Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Black KITAGAWA 46

Is that Tomonori Kitagawa? I have his Orix Blue Wave home and road #59 gamers, as well as his Surpass minor league #59 gamer! He was actually selling off his own stuff on eBay a few years ago.

Should I even bother posting my Jim Carey Washington Capitals jersey (red) Damn I'm an idoit on that one!

You have that one too?? Although, I love mine...Its that "attention grabber" kinda of jersey...Bought mine the year he won the Vezina and do not regret it for one second....

I got it the year he won the veznia too. I got the jersey 1/2 off and the lettering for free! looking back though, I would mostlikely get a Gartner or Stevens instead.

I do like those player ideas...I would not trade my Carey jersey though....I rank it up there with my Gretzky Blues jersey....another "oddity"

I want your Gretzky Blues jersey!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Man I'd love to have one of htose Don't Tread On Me jerseys the soccer team wore in their WC sendoff match.

I have a robbie gould (bears kicker) replica jersey. I only have seen one other.

I have just about every team's jersey from the WLAF and NFL E except for Cologne and Amsterdam's orange.

Included in the list is a game-worn 1992 Orlando Thunder home jersey. Ugly but worth serious cash.

Among my favorite jerseys:

Toronto Argos Away (Jason the Argo on both shoulders)

New York CityHawks Black

I have a Seahawks Brock Huard jersey when he was #5 before he switched to #11. I don't know what my wife was thinking.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived