Obscure Jerseys

AndrewPF

if we're breaking out worn-once, never-seen-again styles...

Oregon.jpg

Oregon's '05 Civil War jerseys - which use the same jersey style as the current ones and share a colorization, but have a very different font. the jersey also has "DUCKS" just above the number, like our current jerseys, too. the replicas are also a LOT nicer than any of the basic ones - the rivets are raised instead of screen-printed, same with the jersey's numbers too. I got it almost a year after the fact on sale at a sports store in the mall here, and I'm looking for a way to get rid of its curse - every time I've worn it watching a Duck game, we've lost. I think wearing it to the first home game should break that, though...

harperdc.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a John Kitna Bengals replica in the new style. He was the backup in those uniforms the two seasons the team wore them.

I have three Kijana Carter Jerseys. One is actually from back in the day, I got it for Christmas in 1994 or something like that. The other two were throwins on ebay purchases of other Bengals (C. Johnson and Boomer Esiason)I think I payed like 8 bucks total for them. They're great for pickup football especially since I converted one of them to my name by using the black nameplate off of my JV hockey jersey.

I also have a yellow Blue Jackets practice jersey, and a Corkum Ducks jersey that I got at a Garage sale.

and if we want to get real obscure I could say that I have the home and away versions of this.

jerome.png

I have 5 sets of my high school's hockey game worn jerseys including my own. I was a senior last year and knew they were getting new uniforms for this season and I have a soft spot for these uniforms because I was the one who designed them, so I asked my teammates if I could have their jerseys and alot of them gave them to me. But that's getting pretty obscure.

Those are nice. I live about 30 minutes east of Dublin. How many local High Schools have hockey? Again very cool jerseys.

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

This is a HC Sparta Praha (Prague) fan jersey from 1998. They didn't sell authentics at the time and the team store at the Sports Hall was a table. Not a bad pick up for $6. Tickets to the game 10 rows off the ice were $3 and I got a kielbasa and a beer for $1.

S3500007.png

S3500009.png

This is a All UK combined services U21 rugby jersey. An all star team made up of the best under 21 rugby players from all branches of the UK military. It was given to me by a friend who was later killed in Bosnia.

I would bet I am the only one in the US with this jersey.

S3500018.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I've have an authentic game jersey of the infamous BYU bib-style jerseys

and to go along with Spyboys 98 Russian jerseys, I have another version of them with a different front crest that

never made it retail or the ice.

If we're talking obscure, how 'bout personal concept jerseys? I think they count, since you're the only one who has one.

After Jack Johnson signed with the Kings, and wore number 33, I had this made. It may be a bit corny, but I kinda liked the idea, and went with the old Center Ice practice jersey, because I like the simple black, and the shield. Anyways, I'm sure most of you know what the JMFJ means, but just in case you don't, it means Jack Mother-F**ckin' Johnson!

JMFJ2.jpg

JMFJ.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

But, to stay more on topic, here's my Tallahassee Tiger Sharks jersey. They were the (now defunct) ECHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators when I was in school at FSU, and I got to shoot some of their games for a Media Production class.

TTS.jpg

TTS2.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

12_Brahmas_f.jpg

I see Brahmas jersey and raise you the black, barbed-wire alternate from (I think) the 2001 season. I can't find a picture of it on the 'net, it didn't last long.

I have a couple obscure ones worth noting:

IHL Cincinnati Cyclones Yellow alternate jersey (no picture available)

IHL Minnesota Moose black road jersey

atch1.jpg

And the pride of the collection, a 1974 Michigan Stags (WHA) jersey. The team only played part of one season in 1974, relocating to Baltimore in January of 1975.

stagsaway.jpg

I have a game worn Edwin Almonte White Sox 1983 throwback jersey. The ironic thing was that he never actually played in the game.

The jersey I wish I had is the US' Don't tread on me jersey. I would play pretty much any amount of money for that jersey.

I'm a XXL if anyone wants to make a deal.

I have a John Kitna Bengals replica in the new style. He was the backup in those uniforms the two seasons the team wore them.

I have three Kijana Carter Jerseys. One is actually from back in the day, I got it for Christmas in 1994 or something like that. The other two were throwins on ebay purchases of other Bengals (C. Johnson and Boomer Esiason)I think I payed like 8 bucks total for them. They're great for pickup football especially since I converted one of them to my name by using the black nameplate off of my JV hockey jersey.

I also have a yellow Blue Jackets practice jersey, and a Corkum Ducks jersey that I got at a Garage sale.

and if we want to get real obscure I could say that I have the home and away versions of this.

jerome.png

I have 5 sets of my high school's hockey game worn jerseys including my own. I was a senior last year and knew they were getting new uniforms for this season and I have a soft spot for these uniforms because I was the one who designed them, so I asked my teammates if I could have their jerseys and alot of them gave them to me. But that's getting pretty obscure.

Those are nice. I live about 30 minutes east of Dublin. How many local High Schools have hockey? Again very cool jerseys.

A surprising number of schools in Ohio have varsity sanctioned hockey. I think it's about 80 teams are varsity and then like 40 club teams. The central ohio conference or the Captial Hockey Conference is made up of The three Dublin Schools, the two Worthington Schools, St. Charles, UA, Desales, and Gahanna.

PvO6ZWJ.png

12_Brahmas_f.jpg

I see Brahmas jersey and raise you the black, barbed-wire alternate from (I think) the 2001 season. I can't find a picture of it on the 'net, it didn't last long.

I have a couple obscure ones worth noting:

IHL Cincinnati Cyclones Yellow alternate jersey (no picture available)

IHL Minnesota Moose black road jersey

atch1.jpg

And the pride of the collection, a 1974 Michigan Stags (WHA) jersey. The team only played part of one season in 1974, relocating to Baltimore in January of 1975.

stagsaway.jpg

That Stags jersey is an absolute gem. Don't ever toss that one! Gotta love the Nintendo style Stag logo.

Peoria Rough Riders home replica

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ive been looking for a Chesapeake Icebreakers jersey, if anyone has one or knows where to find one it'd be greatly appreciated.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Iowa Barnstormers Game Worn Home Jersey... I thought it'd be cool, then I wore it once and probably never will again.

WBS Penguins - various St. Patricks Day jerseys.

Bridgeport Soundtigers - original "Islanders Weekend" jersey

Canucks original 3rd "fade" jersey :flagcanada:

Iowa Cubs game worn 3rd

Long Island Lizards game worn lacrosse jersey

New York Saints, NJ Storn, Ottowa Rebel, Boston Blazers replica lacrosse jerseys.

Game worn Columbus Landsharks lacrosse jersey - b/c I was the one who game-wore it.

Milwaukee Brewers TATC "Barrel Man" jersey

Milwaukee "Cerverceros" (Brewers Spanish night) Game Worn.

LA Kings "Burger King" jersey personalized w/ Gretzky

I've got some others but I'm watching the Yankees game now. I'll take a look and post more later.

Archived