Motor City FC

Pandaguy87

Well I don't want to draw too much attention from the other Detroit concept, but I made a concept of my own for Detroit.

motorcityfcbadgedet1pl3.png

The original idea was to have a tachometer with the words "Motor City FC" going around the center, but I thought that would be stupid. Then I thought MC would do fine, and in a sudden epiphany I decided to go with Euro-style overlapping letters. I still really liked the tachometer idea, so I did a very stylized version with the red arc and amber needle. The needle points to red like you're redlining an engine, 'cause y'know you gotta push it to the limit to win! Yeah stupid idea, but now the team has a really obvious nickname: The Redliners. The badge isn't very American at all, but I figure one American team is gonna break the mold. Or I can just go back and do it over again.

motorcityfc1ro2.png

I wanted to keep the uniforms simple, so I went with a sash to represent the needle. And a simple red line down the center for the away jersey. And what better sponsor for a Detroit team than Ford?

So yeah, C&C?

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

I'd suggest making the sash slightly wider on the home shirt so you can fit the whole badge on it.

liverpool-1.png

Interesting idea, I like it. The two grey outlines seem to be a bit much, adding unnecessary colors to the black, red, yellow, and white already used on it. Also, the "Est" seems odd to me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, I really like this, cause the yellow line also reflects the road going by at a top speed, you know what I mean? I would get rid of the "EST." and do what jr79 said about the slash on the shirt, but other than that this is really original, and nice. Good work!

So would your potential series be expansion MLS teams, or current MLS teams? I'm currently thinking about doing a series on redesigning the current MLS teams. I kinda started already with Salt Lake.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

That is one sweet logo. It reminds me, somewhat, of Scandinavian football clubs. It also has a hint of art deco in it as well. Everyone wants their soccer team to resemble the more well known soccer club crests like Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Real Madrid. This goes off into a different realm and is done with style and class, but it also creates the abillity for the club to be creative, and possibly dangerous, with marketing.

The uniforms are a little bland for this crest but still....well done.

I really like these. As a Detroiter, I would be quite disappointed if Ford doesn't sponsor the eventual MLS team. They could even play at Ford Field. But, the logo is awesome. Corny idea executed far beyond its potential. I'm a fan of the simplistic jerseys. They look really nice. And those home socks are beautiful.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I really like these. As a Detroiter, I would be quite disappointed if Ford doesn't sponsor the eventual MLS team. They could even play at Ford Field. But, the logo is awesome. Corny idea executed far beyond its potential. I'm a fan of the simplistic jerseys. They look really nice. And those home socks are beautiful.

Absolutely love it, brilliant concept.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Wow, I'm glad everyone likes it ^^ It's been nearly a week, but finals and school just ended. Anyway I'm glad for all the support and suggestions.

I'd suggest making the sash slightly wider on the home shirt so you can fit the whole badge on it.

Yeah I thought I should, but I was sure Galaxy didn't have theirs in the sash. Seems like I was wrong ^^;

Interesting idea, I like it. The two grey outlines seem to be a bit much, adding unnecessary colors to the black, red, yellow, and white already used on it. Also, the "Est" seems odd to me.

Wow, I really like this, cause the yellow line also reflects the road going by at a top speed, you know what I mean? I would get rid of the "EST." and do what jr79 said about the slash on the shirt, but other than that this is really original, and nice. Good work!

So would your potential series be expansion MLS teams, or current MLS teams? I'm currently thinking about doing a series on redesigning the current MLS teams. I kinda started already with Salt Lake.

oooh.

i really, really like that badge. Combines abstract with 'oh yeah, that's what that is' pretty perfectly.

the est. isn't all that necessary tho.

Yeah the EST. is a little weird, though honestly I stole the idea from that one idea for Salt Lake. I also thought it would be more like the Miles/Km thing you see in the middle of a speedometer. Which is also where the gray outlines are from I wanted to give the image of some kind of gauge, I guess I'll work on a better look for that.

And to answer kewp80 I'm designing things for expansion teams. The current team logos are a little weird, but I think they're fine (with the sole exception of the Revolution, they need an actual crest). I know someone was trying to redesign the USL teams, anyone know what happened to him? He never got around to making a new crest for the Sounders :(

I'm not doing a good job at explaining what I mean, it seems. *heh*

I think it'd be better if the year were left on its own, without the text.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

How about do a couple racing stripes like you see on a Shelby Cobra? Overall excellent once I figure out the logo was suppose to be a tachometer.

Well that was the original plan. Then I realized that a racing concept would be more appropriate for Indianapolis...

I'm not doing a good job at explaining what I mean, it seems. *heh*

I think it'd be better if the year were left on its own, without the text.

Yeah, I guess it would. This logo ain't classy enough for est.

Archived