Motor City FC

Pandaguy87

That 2009 font is perfect. It conveys exactly what you're trying to show.

The wordmark could use some work, I think. It doesn't flow right the way it is. Maybe simpler would be better for it? Try it without a background.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I lOVE the kits man, and the badge is perfect except for the "2009" font. Really super job here man, can't wait to see what you come up with next! Just wondering, what program did you use?

I used Illustrator, and the vector templates on the sticky thread. And a lot of trial and error.

That 2009 font is perfect. It conveys exactly what you're trying to show.

The wordmark could use some work, I think. It doesn't flow right the way it is. Maybe simpler would be better for it? Try it without a background.

Honestly, I only made the wordmark so I can have a wordmark. I don't really have a good idea for one, so I just kinda put that together.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

What's the difference between Photoshop and Illustrator?

Photoshop would be like Paint on steroids. It's a bitmap editing software, so it's kinda like painting based on all the little pixels that make up an image.

Illustrator is a vector program meaning it uses data to create lines and shapes across space. In a vector program I can take a triangle and squash and stretch it, or make it big and small while still maintaining straight lines. I can also move around objects in a vector program, Photoshop only lets you move around sets of pixels.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

If you don't want to lay down the 400 some odd dollars it costs to get illustrator then I would suggest downloading Inkscape, it's a free vector program that works almost just as well.

Or get illustrator some other way...

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

If you don't want to lay down the 400 some odd dollars it costs to get illustrator then I would suggest downloading Inkscape, it's a free vector program that works almost just as well.

Or get illustrator some other way...

Thanks. I downloaded it but I have no idea what to do. I'm much more familiar with photoshop.

Go to the Inkscape site and see if there is a FAQ or a guide or something, it may help. Also,one of the best things to do is just explore it and play around with it. If you don't feel you can get the hang of it then just use photoshop. If you take some time on it you can get a great concept out of any program you use.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived