Nets in Brooklyn

DarkJourney

Of course they should, Tank. I totally agree with you there, man. You and I know that, every rational person knows that, but Ratner wants no part of Jersey. To answer DarkJourney's question, after the 2008-09 season, I'm pretty sure the New Jersey Nets are history.

-E.A.R.

"after the 2008-09 season, I'm pretty sure the New Jersey Nets are history."

As of now, the 09-10 season looks to be their last in the swamp...

Though despite the new football stadium and the Xanadu mess, they DO have the options for year-to-year leases at the CAA when this lease expires...they'd never play in Newark, too stubborn--they've also suggested a year or two at the Garden, though I can't see that happening. To the contrary, there've been rumors that the Knicks and Rangers may have to spend a season at the CAA while MSG is renovated...so who the hell knows?

But the state wants the CAA vacant ASAP to convert it for Xanadu use...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Devils are nice enough to offer an invitation to the Nets to move with them to Newark.

Besides, the protesters will ruin their Brooklyn chances. The ones that should move to Brooklyn are the Islanders. Brooklyn is technically part of Long Island.

The ones that should move to Brooklyn are the Islanders. Brooklyn is technically part of Long Island.

Mmmhhhh... I hearded that the Islanders are planning to build a new stadium in Nassau.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Well the Devils are building a second home pro locker room in the Prudential Center just in case for some reason the Nets end up playing there. That said I don't think the Nets will play there. Ratner is a Brooklyn real estate developer and wants the team in Brooklyn for his real estate plan. In the meantime he can stay at Continental and be the primary tenant and get the good dates where at the Prudential Center they would be the 3rd or 4th tenant (behind special events and maybe 4th depending on Seton Hall's lease). If the Brooklyn deal falls through I still don't think the Nets will end up still in New Jersey. I would think Ratner would sell the team and Prudential won't be that attractive to a new owner as the Nets would be able to hold the master lease (which means little to no luxury box money). Continental is too old to be a viable pro venue (if it ever was viable). I think they will be sold out of state.

The only way I see the Nets ending up in Newark is if the state decides to close Continental leaving the Nets no other choice but to go there.

And I for one hope that happens.... I always been a non supporter of the Barclay Arena, I think the Nets should be in the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey where they belong. I doubt the Devils will treat them like 2nd class citizens.

Well the Devils are building a second home pro locker room in the Prudential Center just in case for some reason the Nets end up playing there. That said I don't think the Nets will play there. Ratner is a Brooklyn real estate developer and wants the team in Brooklyn for his real estate plan. In the meantime he can stay at Continental and be the primary tenant and get the good dates where at the Prudential Center they would be the 3rd or 4th tenant (behind special events and maybe 4th depending on Seton Hall's lease). If the Brooklyn deal falls through I still don't think the Nets will end up still in New Jersey. I would think Ratner would sell the team and Prudential won't be that attractive to a new owner as the Nets would be able to hold the master lease (which means little to no luxury box money). Continental is too old to be a viable pro venue (if it ever was viable). I think they will be sold out of state.

The only way I see the Nets ending up in Newark is if the state decides to close Continental leaving the Nets no other choice but to go there.

Isn't Seton Hall basketball moving to Newark with the Devils also?

I was thinking about this. If the Nets were to move to Brooklyn, what do you think the chances are, that if the NBA were to expand (and it's strictly hypothetical, so please, no debating the state of the NBA and whether or not expansion is plausable right now. I'm just saying IF they WERE to expand), what do you think the chances are they would look at Newark for a possible 3rd NY area team? I mean, a brand spanking new arena who have already welcomed the Nets to join them there, so it's not really like there would be any arena issue. And assume the Sonics moved to OKC or KC, one of them would be taken by an existing franchise, so the other, I would think, would be up for an expansion team, which leaves an opening for a second, and maybe they see they can put a 3rd team in the largest market. Again, strictly hypothetical. Please only respond on the basis of whether they would be willing to put a team there again, not whether or not the NBA should expand again. And I'm not necessarily saying they should put a team back in New Jersey, it just kinda got me thinking.

The Devils are nice enough to offer an invitation to the Nets to move with them to Newark.

Besides, the protesters will ruin their Brooklyn chances. The ones that should move to Brooklyn are the Islanders. Brooklyn is technically part of Long Island.

I'd like to know when it became hip and cool to live in Brooklyn. I lived in The Bronx almost all of my life, and I never went to Brooklyn unless it was absolutley necessary. If I don't go there, why would I want my beloved Islanders to do so too? In closing, The New York Islanders represent Long Island thats Nassau and Suffolk County while yes, Kings and Queens county are on the Island, they are boroughs of New York City.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I was thinking about this. If the Nets were to move to Brooklyn, what do you think the chances are, that if the NBA were to expand (and it's strictly hypothetical, so please, no debating the state of the NBA and whether or not expansion is plausable right now. I'm just saying IF they WERE to expand), what do you think the chances are they would look at Newark for a possible 3rd NY area team? I mean, a brand spanking new arena who have already welcomed the Nets to join them there, so it's not really like there would be any arena issue. And assume the Sonics moved to OKC or KC, one of them would be taken by an existing franchise, so the other, I would think, would be up for an expansion team, which leaves an opening for a second, and maybe they see they can put a 3rd team in the largest market. Again, strictly hypothetical. Please only respond on the basis of whether they would be willing to put a team there again, not whether or not the NBA should expand again. And I'm not necessarily saying they should put a team back in New Jersey, it just kinda got me thinking.

I loved how you danced around your opinion and suggestion. Me personally think it would be a great idea. It would be costly for a team to move in, because they would have to pay terriorital right fees to both the Knicks and Nets. But, if the Islanders, Rangers, and Devils can exist why not basketball?

I remember Anaheim has been an option for rumored NBA teams, besides the Clippers. The NBA could probably do three teams in the LA area as well???

I see relocation a more pausible scenario than expansion, just because you have cities like St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, and the likes deserving of a team. Clippers, Bucks, Kings, etc. could all move.

Who knows? I like the idea of three New York teams.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

0 percent chance. The NBA isn't going to a put a third team in the area especially when they won't control the arenas master lease. First off the Knicks and Nets would both try to block any new team there. Second without having the master lease and being the main tenant there is no way the new team would be profitable. The Nets currently looses money at Continental and a new team at Prudential isn't going to get the luxury box and concession money in order to make them profitable.

Archived