Quad City (AHL) Flames logo coming

igor in chicago

I don't follow the AHL to any real close extent. Just kinda check on prospects every now and then.

Is this going to be the 30th team in the league and give every NHL team their own AHL affiliate now?

No. The Calgary Flames AHL-affiliate is moving to the Quad Cities to Omaha.

I guess Omaha couldn't support three hockey teams. :(

Here are the affiliations for the 2007-08 season ....

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

Hartford Wolf Pack (NYR)

Lowell Devils (NJ)

Manchester Monarchs (LA)

Portland Pirates (ANA)

Providence Bruins (BOS)

Springfield Falcons (EDM)

Worcester Sharks (SJ)

East Division

Albany River Rats (CAR)

Binghamton Senators (OTT)

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (NYI)

Hershey Bears (WAS)

Norfolk Admirals (TAM)

Philadelphia Phantoms (PHI)

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (PIT)

Western Conference

North Division

Grand Rapids Griffins (DET)

Hamilton Bulldogs (MTL)

Lake Erie Monsters (COL)

Manitoba Moose (VAN)

Rochester Americans (BUF/FLA)

Syracuse Crunch (CBJ)

Toronto Marlies (TOR)

West Division

Chicao Wolves (ATL)

Houston Aeros (MIN)

Iowa Stars (DAL)

Milwaukee Admirals (NSH ... maybe Hamilton? Kansas City? Winnipeg?)

Peoria Rivermen (STL)

Quad City Flames (CGY)

Rockford IceHogs (CHI)

San Antonio Rampage (PHX)

I don't follow the AHL to any real close extent. Just kinda check on prospects every now and then.

Is this going to be the 30th team in the league and give every NHL team their own AHL affiliate now?

Ugh. That sucks. Please just stick a damn team somewhere and give it to Florida. Please.

Here are the affiliations for the 2007-08 season ....

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

Hartford Wolf Pack (NYR)

Lowell Devils (NJ)

Manchester Monarchs (LA)

Portland Pirates (ANA)

Providence Bruins (BOS)

Springfield Falcons (EDM)

Worcester Sharks (SJ)

East Division

Albany River Rats (CAR)

Binghamton Senators (OTT)

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (NYI)

Hershey Bears (WAS)

Norfolk Admirals (TAM)

Philadelphia Phantoms (PHI)

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (PIT)

Western Conference

North Division

Grand Rapids Griffins (DET)

Hamilton Bulldogs (MTL)

Lake Erie Monsters (COL)

Manitoba Moose (VAN)

Rochester Americans (BUF/FLA)

Syracuse Crunch (CBJ)

Toronto Marlies (TOR)

West Division

Chicao Wolves (ATL)

Houston Aeros (MIN)

Iowa Stars (DAL)

Milwaukee Admirals (NSH ... maybe Hamilton? Kansas City? Winnipeg?)

Peoria Rivermen (STL)

Quad City Flames (CGY)

Rockford IceHogs (CHI)

San Antonio Rampage (PHX)

Will Norfolk be changing their colour scheme again to match Tampa Bay's? They've been wearing Blackhawk-style jerseys/colours the last couple of years.

Will Norfolk be changing their colour scheme again to match Tampa Bay's? They've been wearing Blackhawk-style jerseys/colours the last couple of years.

Hopefully, we'll see a return to the classic navy-and-gold look, rather than black, royal, and silver.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ugh. That sucks. Please just stick a damn team somewhere and give it to Florida. Please.

No kidding! Not enough roster spots in Rochester to go around for 2 NHL teams!

I was kind of sad to hear that the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights were moving and becoming the Quad City Flames. I REALLY liked that Knights logo, the way it had the same silhouette as the Calgary Flames log, without just being a flaming letter. I hope the new team's logo is equally creative.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Not sure if it's that easy. You'd have to find suitable owners willing to buy the dormant Edmonton franchise and relocate it to another city. I wonder if Louisville could work again, as they were the Panthers AHL affiliate from 1999-2001. Other cities I can think of would be Richmond (VA), Lexington (KY), Baltimore (MD), and maybe Kansas City if the NHL doesn't come calling.

Hopefully, we'll see a return to the classic navy-and-gold look, rather than black, royal, and silver.

Either way, I'd like to at least see a shade of blue instead of red, any other colors would be fine with me.

Not sure if it's that easy. You'd have to find suitable owners willing to buy the dormant Edmonton franchise and relocate it to another city. I wonder if Louisville could work again, as they were the Panthers AHL affiliate from 1999-2001. Other cities I can think of would be Richmond (VA), Lexington (KY), Baltimore (MD), and maybe Kansas City if the NHL doesn't come calling.

Either way, I'd like to at least see a shade of blue instead of red, any other colors would be fine with me.

Bring back the Bandits or the Clippers. So long as there's a AHL team in ol' Balmer, I'll be happy.

Oh, what a surprise. I knew there was going to be a modified version of the Flames' logo in there somewhere. Boooring.

The fact that the Calgary Flames' 'C' has been shoved in there makes it look even worse: it feels like a really cheap, last minute job.

As unimaginative as it is, just the 'Q' as the main logo would look (slightly) better.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Someone on this board did a vastly superior rendition of the overlapping flaming QC than what's being presented as a "professional" logo here. That thing is really, truly, MS-Paint-tastic. Bleah.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bring back the Bandits or the Clippers. So long as there's a AHL team in ol' Balmer, I'll be happy.

Well unless Ed Hale can replace the S**t Hole known as the 1st Mariner Arena I wouldn't be holding my breath. I went to a lot of Skipjack games in my youth and it was a dump in the 80's and I have done work there over the last few years and it is a disgrace. That place was out dated when it opened in 1962 that is why we didn't get a NHL team. Clarence Campbell said it was inadequate for an NHL team when the league toured the facility in '64 and the NHL went to St. Louis instead.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

OK - it's a dud. Let's see you all do better. Post them on the concepts page. You can't be surprised - a blind man could have called this one.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

OK - it's a dud. Let's see you all do better. Post them on the concepts page. You can't be surprised - a blind man could have called this one.

I think dropping the offset and moving the C up so it appears as though it's conjoined to the Q would be miles ahead of this logo.

Oh, what a surprise. I knew there was going to be a modified version of the Flames' logo in there somewhere. Boooring.

The fact that the Calgary Flames' 'C' has been shoved in there makes it look even worse: it feels like a really cheap, last minute job.

As unimaginative as it is, just the 'Q' as the main logo would look (slightly) better.

As a native of one of the Quad-Cities, I can assure you that just a Q won't do. I didn't expect anything other than that logo. Why would you? They dropped a region-specific nickname -- Mallards -- and emphasized their tie to the NHL to show that they were moving up in the hockey world. Anything too far of a stretch away from the Calgary logo would defeat the purpose of changing the name in the first place.

Honestly, I'd prefer Mallards, but I was always a fan of the Q-C Angels knockoff look back in the good ol' days, so this works for me, too.

Archived