Getting Autographs

jman077

I was at the Verlander perfect game, and I kept score. So, I ran down to the dugout to see if he would sign the card, but he wasn't signing things, and eventually the police made us leave. I mentioned that to my dad, and he was like "When I was younger most athletes had addresses for signing things." I was wondering if most still do. I know a few do, but, how would I go about finding such a thing? Does anyone know Verlander's?

Any help would be appreciated.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Check their website, and check their community relations department. When I worked as an intern for the Washington Wizards, I was in charge of sending out autographs to basically anyone who asked for them. Of course, the autographs I was sending out were for players like Popeye Jones, the various Mike Smiths the team had, and Etan Thomas. But still...

I have no idea on how to get things signed though. That might be a thornier issue.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I can't help ya with Baseball, but I do have over 1,000 Hockey Player addresses. Picked up Harvey Musslemen's book a few years ago with all of them in it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I had mild success (75%) during my "mail autographs" phase... I would send a letter with the address

Players Name

c/o Team Name

Team Address

in the envelope I included a hand-written letter, politely asking for a signature, as well as the item i wanted signed (usually an index card that i would print their photo on) and a self-addressed stamped envelope.

my advice is to not send anything valuable, personally i wouldn't want to risk the chance of losing my no-hitter scorecard so i would send a high-quality copy of it to be signed

good luck

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Archived