Halifax Hawks

Colorado Avalanche

I was thinking of ideas for Canadian hockey teams. My first was the Halifax Hawks. Last night I came up with the four logos. I was wondering if I could get them vectorized. Thanks Alot.

Hockeyv2163.jpg

The is of a Hawk in a Hockey Puck with beak and bottem of head sticking out. Halifax Hawks around the outside.

Next is the outline 3 times of Citadel Hill a major part of Halifax history.

Third is a bird's track left in the ground.

Last is a Large H and X with ALIFA inside and smaller the foot and then Hawks rounded at the bottem.

I do not need any sertin color but I was thinking Yellow,Black,Brown and silver. But what ever you want would be fine. And if you could add some outlines it would be nice. Thanks.

smythdp1.jpgtruro.gif

Hawk kind of looks like a turkey (not trying to diss you man, i'm helpin)..you should look at some pics of a hawk in profile. Then do some sketches up and show us, i know you could do a better job.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Very nice start - pretty solid look.

The bird needs tweeking, disproportioned in several places. Check the 'google' images of hawks. Still keep your distinctive look, otherwise great start to a solid logo package!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I saw the original, and smirked. "That's nice" I thought.

Then I saw Hooli's work, and I said "fluffing heck".

OK, I does look a bit Galliformes (turkey or pheasant).

The Accipiter birds (Hawks, Eagles & Falcons) have a different shape to their head.

Red-tailed_Hawk_lg2.jpg

However, as a package, this look really nice.

The colours work better than I expected, the secondary is perhaps missing some logo in the star, like an intertwined HH, but it's a very good start.

The only other thing I'd ask is if they have large talons? For the tertiary. Those look like Chook feet.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I saw the original, and smirked. "That's nice" I thought.

Then I saw Hooli's work, and I said "fluffing heck".

OK, I does look a bit Galliformes (turkey or pheasant).

The Accipiter birds (Hawks, Eagles & Falcons) have a different shape to their head.

Red-tailed_Hawk_lg2.jpg

However, as a package, this look really nice.

The colours work better than I expected, the secondary is perhaps missing some logo in the star, like an intertwined HH, but it's a very good start.

The only other thing I'd ask is if they have large talons? For the tertiary. Those look like Chook feet.

Thanks rmered for the "fluffing heck", I think that's a compliment.

Anyway, I know the hawk head wasn't very hawkish but, I wanted to stay as close as I could to C A's original designs and requests, yet cleaning them up enough to be acceptable logo material.

If C A isn't happy with what he has drawn up for a hawk head I would be happy to modify it to look more like the picture rmered has put up on this thread. I'll let him make that call if he wants.

These are good logos. I think though that the Citadel Hill logo is a little too empty and ambiguos.

If you combined the footprint logo with the Citadel Hill logo, I think the result would make a better shoulder or secondary logo than either of them alone.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Much better - looks great. 9.2/10 - wonderful work!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived