SI's Best College Football Uniforms

GoValpo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Wofford on this list? There is nothing special about their unis. This list could have been better.

yea i mean army could have been in there instead, same with bama instead of gsu

Go Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks!!

GO TIGERS

Ireland_flag.gif

How are they gonna have Georgia Southern on there, but not Alabama. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Exactly,Ga Southern copied Alabama's uniforms. Any 'Best Uniform List" that doesn't have Alabama in the top 3 with Penn St and Michigan is a bogus list.

2qluyo7.png

How is Wofford on this list? There is nothing special about their unis. This list could have been better.

yea i mean army could have been in there instead, same with bama instead of gsu

No doubt. How are Georgia Southern or Wofford better than this?

BSPJKSCPKCECACQ.20061001220601.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The fact that they had Wofford and Georgia Southern on the list instead of someone like Army, Georgia Tech, or even Wisconsin is beyond me. What really blows about this list, is how could you have a best uniforms list when on one of the uniforms the logo is backwards? Doesn't that automatically disqualify that team and you for including that team? Can't figure out which team? Try looking at Yale's sleeves. *LOL*

These lists are nothing more than a popularity contest. It just wouldn't be as interesting if the person who made it called it "Joe Schmoe's Favorite College Football Uniforms."

For example, what makes them the best? Is it aesthetics? If so, how did Michigan land on the "best" list and Delaware on the "worst" list when they're basically the same uniforms? Same with Notre Dame being on the "best" list for the blue jersey and on the "worst" list for the green. Is it tradition? If so, why is Ohio State on the list when their current uniforms are only a year old? I guess it's just some writer's opinion, and I'm always curious to hear why people think the way they do, but in this case they didn't even give any reason for their choices. The fun in arguing who is best is gone when you can't even justify why you think team A is better than team B.

Take Penn State for example. A lot of people would put them in their "best" list, but to me they just look like a low-budget high school team. If they are one of the "best," then by that logic, every team in college football would drastically improve their look by taking the logo off the side of the helmet and doing away with any trim/logo/stripes/wordmark on the uni save for a single solid stripe on the pants. To me that seems rather bland. Of course that is just my opinion and it isn't any more right than people who love Penn State's look.

Less obvious:

Furman (Helmets only- Black on Purple are awful)

I've never seen the Paladins wear black on purple, in football (They're not Mount Union or something).

Even with the switch to Nike, they strictly stayed purple and white, and only those two colors.

So according to SI, if you had your basic look established before 1970, you have "good" uniforms.

I consider myself more of a traditionalist, but just because something is old doesn't necessarily make it worth keeping around.

I give you exhibit A: http://hailtopurple.com/features/unis3.html

Archived