SI's Best College Football Uniforms

GoValpo

How are they gonna have Georgia Southern on there, but not Alabama. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Exactly,Ga Southern copied Alabama's uniforms. Any 'Best Uniform List" that doesn't have Alabama in the top 3 with Penn St and Michigan is a bogus list.

Georgia Southern didn't exactly copy Alabama's design. UA actually gave GSU the money to start a football program (this is a story my dad has told me, and I think he said they did this so UGA and GT [back when they were in the SEC] would have recruiting rivals in-state), and they designed their uniforms to honor Alabama's role in starting the program.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only errors on the list were errors of omission. A lot of great uniforms were left off but I guess he had to stop at 10. I never knew Yale had such great uniforms. We don't see a lot of Ivy League football here in Big 10 country.

BB52Big.jpg

Less obvious:

Furman (Helmets only- Black on Purple are awful)

I've never seen the Paladins wear black on purple, in football (They're not Mount Union or something).

Even with the switch to Nike, they strictly stayed purple and white, and only those two colors.

Oh thats right- that IS mt. union. good eye.

Then add all of furman.

I agree with the point that traditional doesn't always mean good. Alabama and Penn State are very traditional, but not good designs, at least as far as helmets are concerned.

I agree, though, that Texas is No. 1 and Michigan is No. 2. Yes, one could argue that Michigan's traditional winged helmet has absolutely nothing to do with Michigan or Wolverines at all, but it's at a point where helmets for other teams also use the winged look. So my argument is Michigan is deserving.

To me, UCLA and Florida State belong in the top 10. Maybe Iowa, too.

the Ohio State uni's do have some what of a history, they did wear them back in the early 90's. as a buckeye fan, i wish they would go back to the old striping pattern. or atleast put the grey back on the red jersey, i dont think it would be too much trouble to use the same stripe patern that is used on the white jerseys.

as for WVU being on this list, i sure hope you were talking about their new jerseys and not the jumbled mess that they use to wear.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

man that picture of troy smith really makes the ohio state jerseys look better. i really wasnt a big fan of the change but once i saw them in action i am really happy that the change was made

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

You could put many, many uniforms on that list, and just as many have a good argument for being "top 10". Usually, a lot of teams that have the "color and white" scheme look really good, such as maroon/white, blue/white, green/white. Generally, the more color added, the worse it looks.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

How about adding West Virginia, Louisville, and Florida!!!

because none of those schools have one of the ten best uniforms in college football.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think Michigan's unis suck. Call me biased or whatever, but the helmet is ugly. Unique, maybe to a point, but still ugly. Plus, the piping they added on the white jersey a few years ago is also horrendous.

As for the rest of that list, not sure about Wooford or Auburn, but the rest of the list looked OK. I also like UCLA, Alabama, Texas A&M, Indiana/Oklahoma (virtually the same) and even Arizona State. Penn State is also a uni I dig.

I would have taken Michigan, Wooford and Auburn off that list. Maybe Ga Southern, but those arent so bad, either.

EDIT: Ole Miss, Army and LSU should also be under consideration. Also, I dont see anything special about ND. They look like Navy, John Carroll and about 5 other schools.

I actually think Ga Southern's uniforms look better than Alabama's...always have. I don't get the big deal about Bama's uniforms. Same with Michigan, does nothing for me...besides having a "different" helmet design.

I can't believe someone said LSU has horrible jerseys in this thread...they have some of the best in the nation I think.

I have no clue why Wofford was on this list. I would have liked to have seen a better pick...although no one directly comes to mind, plenty of others would have satisfied me.

Georgia should be disqualified for using the Packers logo logo to begin with. It's one thing to go logo less on the helmet but it is another thing to have a logo that isn't even yours. I know the Packers give them permission for the G but still.

Archived