SI's Best College Football Uniforms

GoValpo

Ole Miss can't be considered with the script Ole Miss on the helmets. Script on the helmets should be used sparingly, and if it's a recognized logo in itself, like UCLA, Cal and the old old Pitt.

Now, if Ole Miss had the Rebel on the helmet, there would be a better argument.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia should be disqualified for using the Packers logo logo to begin with. It's one thing to go logo less on the helmet but it is another thing to have a logo that isn't even yours. I know the Packers give them permission for the G but still.

You do realize that Green Bay's current "G" logo is modeled after the University of Georgia's redesign of the original Green Bay logo? So in turn, Green Bay is the thief of the actual current logo.

Georgia should be disqualified for using the Packers logo logo to begin with. It's one thing to go logo less on the helmet but it is another thing to have a logo that isn't even yours. I know the Packers give them permission for the G but still.

You do realize that Green Bay's current "G" logo is modeled after the University of Georgia's redesign of the original Green Bay logo? So in turn, Green Bay is the thief of the actual current logo.

Not to mention that a G for Georgia makes much more sense than a G for Green (Bay). We've discussed this before but do the New York Giants only have an N? Do the San Francisco 49ers only have an S? No, that would be weird. Why is it ok for Green Bay to only use a G?

gbhelmet.jpg

Ole Miss can't be considered with the script Ole Miss on the helmets. Script on the helmets should be used sparingly, and if it's a recognized logo in itself, like UCLA, Cal and the old old Pitt.

Now, if Ole Miss had the Rebel on the helmet, there would be a better argument.

The Ole Miss script logo is somewhat a recognized logo, since the Rebel is getting phased out. I also happen to think that the helmet would be uglier with the Rebel on the helmet. Anything to make Ole Miss look uglier is anything I'm for, though. :D

Archived