Charlotte Bobcats New Court

richie923

Too many teams are going to the two-shaded wood. They should just keep it all the same color wood then have an orange key with blue in that one foot area on either side.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Two-toned wood is OK if they keep it subtle. But if one part is platinum-bleached so hard that it's borderline white, like the Cavs' court this year or these photos of the Bobcats' practice court, it gets really ugly and hard to watch.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

These practice court previews seem to pan out usually...we'll probably see this. I'm sick of the two toned look. But I'm sicker of the NBA itself.

Hey when the Nuggets switched to the sky blue, didn't their court look a little different in the preaseason or something? I thought they had some kind of gradient at the top of the key or something, then it got changed to straight blue which looks weak..

I don't like the two-toned look. Just stick with a simple finish, with single-color keys. Let the color burst come from center court and the baselines.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Interestingly, the Bobcats' practice court is part of the arena - it's right there at street level so fans can watch the practice from outside through the glass.

That having been said, I don't quite see why they'd repaint the practice court even if the game court is being changed. I live in Charlotte and have heard nothing about a new court.

Yea I live in Charlotte too and havent heard anything either but my guess would be if they are doing this to the practice court I have to bet they are doing it to the Arena.

Another pic

draft_central_070615.jpg

workout_29_070615.jpg

workout_27_070615.jpg

CHA_2170.gif

I think this is an upgrade over our previous court but I would like it even more with this logo at center court

These practice court previews seem to pan out usually...we'll probably see this. I'm sick of the two toned look. But I'm sicker of the NBA itself.

Hey when the Nuggets switched to the sky blue, didn't their court look a little different in the preaseason or something? I thought they had some kind of gradient at the top of the key or something, then it got changed to straight blue which looks weak..

iknow their practice court is different, it look like a mountain above their free throw line

yeah I hear you richie293, that secondary or, "side" logo as I like to call it, is much better. I think the logo and name is so commercialized (spelling?) that most tams should have original or script-less logos at center court like the grizzlies or even the suns.

and On a side note, having blue is not as bad when your PRIMARY color is orange...Sould be the charlotte tigers...that has a ring to it eh?

Two toned-Schmoo toned.

If it still has Tom O'Grady's crap logo on it, it's still :censored:. ^_^

That logo has got to be one of the worst logos around. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe its me, but it doesn't even look that much like a bobcat. It has some characteristics, but they are so stylized that it just looks more like it was done by a design student in their first year in college than a professional.

I've always loved the colors but hated the logo.

I cant tell if this is in the Bobcats Arena or not...

lady_cats_inside_070614.jpg

Judging from this pic, its official, the Bobcats have a new court in the arena.

1. You can see the courtside seats and part of the seating bowl in the upper right hand corner of the pic.

2. That thing above the cheerleaders in the background.....that is the center-hung scoreboard, which has been lowered to the floor. Not sure why they would do this....maybe to hide unannounced upgrades which are being made to the arena or maybe they are doing work to the scoreboard itself....like possibly adding the new corporate sponsored name of the building on to the scoreboard. The Cats have been actively looking for a naming rights deal for Bobcats arena.

But with this pic.....the Cats have a new court.....that much we now know.

I cant tell if this is in the Bobcats Arena or not...

lady_cats_inside_070614.jpg

Judging from this pic, its official, the Bobcats have a new court in the arena.

1. You can see the courtside seats and part of the seating bowl in the upper right hand corner of the pic.

2. That thing above the cheerleaders in the background.....that is the center-hung scoreboard, which has been lowered to the floor. Not sure why they would do this....maybe to hide unannounced upgrades which are being made to the arena or maybe they are doing work to the scoreboard itself....like possibly adding the new corporate sponsored name of the building on to the scoreboard. The Cats have been actively looking for a naming rights deal for Bobcats arena.

But with this pic.....the Cats have a new court.....that much we now know.

This is a good shot of the scoreboard.....compare the bottom of the scoreboard in this pic to what you see behind the cheerleaders in the other pic.....obviously, its the scoreboard, making that pic as being taken inside the arena.....

DRAFT_NIGHT_LIVE2_01.jpg

Can someone do a mockup of the new Bobcats court, based on the images we have seen.....

NYCdog.png

Archived