Atlanta Thrashers Redesign

GFB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off, this is beautiful. i think some small things could be changed to make this concept a little bit better. In the wordmark the crossbar of the 'A' swoops up and to the right, but in the tertiary the bird (serving as crossbar) swoops down and to the right. i think if you flipped the 'A's in the wordmark, the tertiary would fit in this package much better. the road jersey IMO has too much color in it, most of the jersey is taken up by navy by my calculations. maybe turn the navy into yellow or baby blue, giving the jersey a lighter feel, that way it wouldn't get confused with the opponents jersey on the ice. the alternate jersey might be too dark, but frankly, thats what i love about it. it has a completely different feel than the others, so it is perfect for an alternate. i love how you worked the tertiary logo into that jersey on the shoulders, it works great. amazing job.

- I am going to take a little break, but I will restart it during the first week of July.

Man, this sucks so much, I always look forward to your designs, and i'm going to have to wait 2 weeks now. :cry:

On to the jerseys, this is easily your best concept by far, that powder blue jersey is the best jersey concept of any team i've seen.. ever. I prefer the unused T bird logo over the one you have now. I think the alt is too navy, that's the only things I don't like about this concept.

I really love how you've emphasized powder blue in the whole color scheme, that's what makes the Thrashers jerseys so great.

For the ducks; I'd like to see you make a completely new logo actually involving an actual duck. And the colors be: Orange, black and the gold they have now, maybe try and make it more golder rather than bronzer. I think if you emphasize orange in the jerseys it'll be amazing.

espnsignq8.png

First off, your concept is unbelievable. I think it looks terrific bith the first set & unused set. The colors used realyy show off what the Thrashers promote the "BLUELAND". Really nice work.

Also there is another website that has a bunch of programs.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/forum966/

You may be able to go there & get some help as well. I know that someone on the board once showed what they did, but I cannot find it.

Here's an example of what somone did Ottawa Vintage jersey

62drdyh.jpg

Very nice job. I dont know what it is though but It seems like it is missing something. I LOVE the main logo and the "A" logo but i dont know about the alt logo. The old one was so much simpler. I would say that that is the only negitive crititizim that I have given this intire project. Great job at continuing what you started :notworthy:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Those logos should be in circulation...like right now. I'd be a Thrashers fan if they were wearing that awesome stuff. I don't know why, but the alternate reminds me of the Oilers alternate, in the change of pace aspect and different angle of design. Brilliantly done.

i forgot to mention suggestions for the ducks concept...i would love to see some brown somewhere in there, so either brown/green/orange, brown/orange/white/, or black/brown/gold...something along those lines.

Your design and execution is flawless as always, but I can't help but get a major Buffalo Sabres vibe from the look of the "modern" jersey to the new crest to the more traditional third. Take out the baby blue and even the colour scheme matches it. It seems very similar to me, whether intended or not.

Your stuff is just so flawlessly awesome.

that is amazing! i really love the secondary mark but all of the logos look great. it reminds me of another team though, i just cant quite put my finger on it though.

it made me think of "The Crow" lol

SIG.png

I'm not sure whether I think this is an upgrade or not, but it is certainly an excellent bit of concept design. Very nice all around. Your bird T is much better than the Falcons' bird F.

The only thing I would consider changing is the last A in "Atlanta". I think it might read better with the blue bevel thing taken off. Right now, the first thing I see is "AA"; the word "Atlanta" only sinks in later. If the team name started with an A, fine, but since it's the Atlanta Thrashers a double A should not be the dominant theme of the wordmark.

20082614447.png

LOVE the alternate jersey. The simplified logo looks much better than the one they have now as well. And I like how you've eliminated the maroon colour; I agree that they just have too many colours atm.

Once again, top job. You've scored at least 3.5 out of 4 so far IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

That design of yours is way better than what they have now. I personally don't like the light blue colour myself, but as it's the fan favourite, it works very well, plus the pattern on the home and road jerseys are very unique and original. It's also nice to see a traditional style jersey for the Thrashers' alt.

When you come to redesigning the Ducks, perhaps as an alternate logo you could try designing a more modernised, aggressive version of the original duck mask logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived