New sPitt Panthers logo

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ears seem too long. The shading seems excessive and too prominent on the top of the panther. It almost seems as if they stuck the old logo into AI and did a LiveTrace of it...and this came out. I think a much better clean up job could have been done on this logo, it just doesn't seem very professional although I am glad they are finally getting some kind of actual panther logo again.

All I can say is it's better than the Dino-Cat. Also the main reason they ditched the script Pitt and will never bring it back full time for the sports teams is because the copyright for it is owned by the University and not the Athletic Department. All of the money from merchandise and such went to the school and was then handed down to the Athletic Dept., Steve Pederson(who did a lot of good and bad there) wanted control of that money so he ditched the script Pitt for the torch-cut Pittsburgh and Dino-Cat.

I didn't think that was supposed to have been released until July 2. Hmmm...

So it's the real thing and not some weak cheap knock-off by the discount department stores?

Discount store knock off is what I think, there is no way Pitt would let a new logo slip out on a rack display at some discount store in the Strip District.

This is a perfect example of how there are a ton of people out there who just know how to use Illustrator but they can't draw at all. They're not artists, they just bought a program that is very easy to use.

Illustrator makes it easy to look "well rendered" when it's just a really bad drawing.

This logo stinks.

Archived