New sPitt Panthers logo

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

secondarylogopartduex2.GIF

My attempt to clean up this awful logo

Heeeere doggie!

Maybe Nike could use it for a Michael Vick line of shoes and apparel . . . sort of the like the Jumpman logo for its Jordan stuff.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

secondarylogopartduex2.GIF

My attempt to clean up this awful logo

Heeeere doggie!

Maybe Nike could use it for a Michael Vick line of shoes and apparel . . . sort of the like the Jumpman logo for its Jordan stuff.

Oh thats just wrong in so many ways! ^_^

... that looks strait up like a pit bull.

Correction. It looks like a PITTbull.

In fact, perhaps that is how the university will eventually try to explain away this monstrosity of a logo. It's simply the first step in the eventual rebranding of all their athletic teams as the University of Pittsburgh PITTbulls.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently at a friend's house in Pittsburgh. He (along with many out here) is disgusted by the new logo, and upon receiving an email from the AD introducing the change, replied with his opinion (a very breif statement detailing why he didn't like it.)

This is the reply he received:

Dear Vinny:

Thank you for your note and your feedback. I am sorry to learn you are unhappy. As I am sure you aware, since Jeff arrived at Pitt, he has felt strongly that our primary identity is PITT and introduced the arched block-style PITT logo in 2005. The arched block-style PITT will continue to be our primary identity and the featured logo on our football helmets and uniforms.

Certainly if you would like to discuss further, I am happy to give you a call at a convenient time for you; please just let me know. Once again Vinny, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your great support of Pitt Athletics.

Sincerely,

Chris

Chris Ferris

Assistant Athletic Director

Marketing and Promotions

University of Pittsburgh Athletic Department

PO Box 7436 Pittsburgh , PA 15213

Phone: 412-648-8220

Fax: 412-648-8248

cferris@athletics.pitt.edu

www.pittsburghpanthers.com

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey, Pitt. GIVE UP ON THE PANTHER HEAD! It never even looked like a panther. then or now.

Its SIMPLE. go back to this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...llow-script.jpg

Yeah, but that looks good. Pitt's not into that kind of riff-raff right now.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

wow - it's not often you get an actual response from an assistant AD or anyone significant on these matters - add the offer to talk more about it over the phone, and that makes mr. ferris a class act.

That is a solid move. Hopefully they listen to the people and trash this thing before it gets too far...

Archived