Hamilton Predators Concept

patsox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, not feeling this concept, Patsox. You have too many colors here. Narrow you color choices down and see what happens. Eliminate the light blue, yellow, or both. Also, the jersey is very templated if you can see what I am saying. Try to stray away from that look. I think you should also ditch the wordmark on the back of the jersey. That area, with the jersey striping, Rbk logo, and name look awfully cluttered. This could have some potential, let's see where it can go.

-E.A.R.

Congratulations. You are a master of the paint bucket.

Why did you find it necessary to fill in every possible segment with a different color? You've made this garish and hideous, and totally emphasized a color that appears minimally at best in the logo itself.

If the jersey needs to be any of the colors, I would suggest green or blue.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The second one is much better, but it is still too templated. Add some stripes or something and don't forget to put sleeve numbers too. You also may want to look into adding a helmet, hockey pants, and socks to this concept. I always do all of those for my hockey concepts. This isn't too shabby and it now looks like you are headed in a certain direction because you've narrowed down the colors. See if you can apply mine, others, and even your own C & C to improve this even more.

-E.A.R.

Personnaly I think the colors don't fit at ALL.

Plus the curves looks hand-made.

You might want to revise the entire concept or simply clean it up. Think about something original and not too complicated.

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

Persoanlly I think the first design had the most potential, if you eliminated the blue and yellow, but then it's just a Minnesota Wild concept.

The most recent design is alright, but not great by any means. Lose the wordmark down the sleeves and add some striping to the cuffs. The striping at the bottom is too big and complicated and too many different colors. Narrow your pallette down to 3 colors and it will look better. Good luck, keep trying.

First I would suggest you explain the choice of colours.

Second, I would doubt that if they retain the Predators name, they'd go so far out on new colours, no matter how relevant they may be for Hamilton. (which I doubt the Sports Fans of the city would...)

As for the "Templated" look, I don't mind that much since their current style is pretty close to this template.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The striping on the most recent one is a step up, however I would ditch the HAMILTON on both sides.

Oh, and it's palette, not pallette.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

There's a lot to be critical about, but what I don't understand most is if you really had a concept idea that you wanted to share with the primary color being maroon/burgandy, then why did you completely drop that color in your revision? None of the many negative responses said that it was a bad color, just that you used too many colors, or other obvious problems.

When I have a uniform concept, it usually starts with a primary color or color combination that I want to share. Other people like to redesign logos or create interesting patterns. Looking at your work, your original concept was completely changed in color, and there isn't any original logo or uniform design. It's just like you're randomly clicking on colors for a team that you picked randomly.

In summary, I get the feeling that you don't really have any concept or vision for the Hamilton Predators.

Just from a quick glance at the new one I picked up two major problems.

1. It needs to be cleaned up a lot. Your presentation of your work is just embarrassing.

2. Those numbers aren't made for hockey jerseys. Look like they belong on a soccer jersey.

This version is definately better than the prior versions.

However, I have to agree with AsM's statement in which the numbers aren't suitable for hockey jerseys. The number look out of place with this concept and seem rather boring without a secondary color in the numbers themselves.

Secondly, I feel as though the logo on the sweater needs to be a little more prominent. Increase the size a little bit should remedy this situation. In addition, I would also recommend taking out the red leftover from the first version's predator's logo and replacing it with one of the other colors you selected.

The colors and striping are another story. First and foremost, I'm not too keen on the sky blue/forest green/yellow combo. I think the shades should match up a little more (lighten up the green or darken the blue somewhat). The stripes, while a good attempt, are not symmetrical in the wave you created. The sleeve stripes are good, but you have 3 independant shapes on the body comprising the wave. Streamline and reshape these.

This is just my .02 though.

Archived