Perlozzo Out as O's Manager

KevinMcD

yes this thread would be much better if it were "Angelos out as O's owner"

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I wonder how long Leo Mazzone will stick around there. The main reason Rockin' Leo left Atlanta was that Sam Perlozzo was a long-time friend of his.

Roger McDowell hasn't done a bad job here, but I don't see too much of a downside in Leo Mazzone returning to Atlanta...

Good news, but the bigger news may be the hiring of Andy McPail. I'm hearing that he may "replace" Angelos as the final decision for all baseball moves. If this is true it's great news for the O's franchise. We'll actually be able to see what our GMs are capable of. I'm a big fan of Duquette, but feel he hasn't been given the freedom to do everything to truely turn this team around (nor have any of the GMs since Gillick).

Also I'd love to see Girardi but don't think it will happen. He had a tough time with Loria, so I don't think he'll want to deal with Angelos. Any Marlins fans have an opinion on what they thing of his actual in game managing (handling of the bullpen, etc.)? Some O's fans are concerned that the Marlins success had more to do with on field talent than Girardi's managing style.

It doesn't matter what coach they end up getting. He'll just get chewed up and spit out like Perlozzo was.

It amazes me that the O's have maintained the same nucleus despite the same mediocre results every year.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

It doesn't matter what coach they end up getting. He'll just get chewed up and spit out like Perlozzo was.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure Perlozzo wasn't the problem there.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Good news, but the bigger news may be the hiring of Andy McPail. I'm hearing that he may "replace" Angelos as the final decision for all baseball moves. If this is true it's great news for the O's franchise. We'll actually be able to see what our GMs are capable of. I'm a big fan of Duquette, but feel he hasn't been given the freedom to do everything to truely turn this team around (nor have any of the GMs since Gillick).

Also I'd love to see Girardi but don't think it will happen. He had a tough time with Loria, so I don't think he'll want to deal with Angelos. Any Marlins fans have an opinion on what they thing of his actual in game managing (handling of the bullpen, etc.)? Some O's fans are concerned that the Marlins success had more to do with on field talent than Girardi's managing style.

Girardi's in-game management was terrible last year. This is coming from a fan who usually gives the manager the benefit of the doubt and doesn't nitpick at every move a manager makes. It was brutal last year. He'd send guys like Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla to bunt in the first inning of games and such.

Have you heard of Josh Johnson? Well he just came off the DL tonight. He sustained the elbow injury after Girardi trotted him out after a 90 minute rain delay the last week of the season.

1997 | 2003

Tonight during the Mosday night game they asked Dusty Baker if he had his cell phone on in case the O's called. I'm pretty sure he's not a candidate, but if he is Baltimore better be scared. He was the worst manager that I have seen. Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS comes to mind along with most games from last season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Girardi's in-game management was terrible last year. This is coming from a fan who usually gives the manager the benefit of the doubt and doesn't nitpick at every move a manager makes. It was brutal last year. He'd send guys like Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla to bunt in the first inning of games and such.

Have you heard of Josh Johnson? Well he just came off the DL tonight. He sustained the elbow injury after Girardi trotted him out after a 90 minute rain delay the last week of the season.

Hmm, those seem like similar complaints against Perlozzo. The one thing I like about him though is that he is tough. That's what this team needs. It's painful to watch them because you know half the team doesn't care. We're more talented than this, but many players (Tejada and Gibbons are the worst) have just decided to roll over and die.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 - 00:06:58)

Tonight during the Mosday night game they asked Dusty Baker if he had his cell phone on in case the O's called. I'm pretty sure he's not a candidate, but if he is Baltimore better be scared. He was the worst manager that I have seen. Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS comes to mind along with most games from last season.

Yes Baker's name has come up for the job. But not as much as Girardi and Davey Johnson. I think both of them are ahead of Baker at this point. Personally those are the only two I'd let manage half way through the season. If eiter of them say no, I'd just wait until the offseason. Baker would be horrible, especially with all the young pitching this team has. He may set the team back even further.

Davey Johnson shouldnt have been fired in the first place.

Which city are you talking about Cincinnati or Baltimore?

He has a history or getting fired after successful seasons.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived