New Jerseys @ NHL Draft?

jayzcat

Does anyone know if the new jerseys and/or logos will be unveiled at this Friday's draft? I'm sure there's been a good amount of discussion on the board about it, but I haven't visited the site in a while.

Also, any change coming for the New York Islanders?

Thanks in advance for the info

jayzcat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the new jerseys and/or logos will be unveiled at this Friday's draft? I'm sure there's been a good amount of discussion on the board about it, but I haven't visited the site in a while.

Also, any change coming for the New York Islanders?

Thanks in advance for the info

jayzcat

The only confirmed draft day unveiling is Washington. Possibly Columbus (since it is in their arena) but I think all they're really doing is changing from the CBJ to the alternate logo.

The unknowns include: Boston, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, and Minnesota.

I think it's already been confirmed that Dallas and Vancouver won't be unveiling until late summer.

Those are the major changes, but I think it's pretty much been accepted that most teams will be making minor tweaks to their jerseys for the new style. The ones listed are the ones that are (allegedly) making major changes.

This whole "rebranding" of the entire NHL genuinely frightens me.

It shouldn't, as long as every team takes GhettoFarmBoy's rebranding the NHL concepts.

There will probably be a team or two that has a terrible design, but for the most part I think the new jerseys will be an improvement.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Sabres last year waited till after the draft to unveil their logo didn't they? Or did they do it at the draft?

I think the logo's will be unveiled, or the NHL could go with having players wear all NHL jerserys with the team colours and the NHL logo on the front or generic NHL jerseys just to hide the teams that still want to wait to build some lame hype.

It'd be better to unveil it at the draft, let people start buying jerseys now to see how they like the new fit, less baggy jerseys.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Sabres last year waited till after the draft to unveil their logo didn't they? Or did they do it at the draft?

I think the logo's will be unveiled, or the NHL could go with having players wear all NHL jerserys with the team colours and the NHL logo on the front or generic NHL jerseys just to hide the teams that still want to wait to build some lame hype.

It'd be better to unveil it at the draft, let people start buying jerseys now to see how they like the new fit, less baggy jerseys.

I'd imagine they would want them released this year before the fall so that they would be included in the 2008 video games. I still get a headache looking at the old Sabres unis in NHL 07. Then you have your merchandice in circulation before the season starts, as opposed to everyone has to wait untilt he season starts to catch up with the team

u cant buy jerseys right now anyway, reebok isnt starting to sell them until september. the Caps are taking pre orders at the draft day party and uniform unveiling, but will have t-shirts, hats and such to buy with the new logo on it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'd imagine they would want them released this year before the fall so that they would be included in the 2008 video games. I still get a headache looking at the old Sabres unis in NHL 07. Then you have your merchandice in circulation before the season starts, as opposed to everyone has to wait untilt he season starts to catch up with the team

You'll be happy to know that NHL 08 will contain all the new jerseys. They just cannot show them until each jersey has been unvieled

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Well said...

Has Toronto figured out what they're doing yet? First it was a new logo and uniforms, then it was just a simple color change, any new info?

Pretty sure Toronto already confirmed they weren't making any changes at all.

Archived