Problem with Hamilton Preds concepts

allyb96

I noticed that in each concept of the eventual Hamilton Predators on this forum, the logo have stayed barely unchanged. The fact is the Nashville Predators logo represents only the city of Nashville. When they built the city they found bones of a Sabertooth tiger in the ground and it's why the logo is the head of this ancien predator.

From my opinion , a great concept of the Hamilton Predators would include a new logo, and maybe even a new name AND logo.

Maybe I'll try something but I know some people here can create beautiful and creative concept, better than mines :P

Sometimes when teams move, they keep the logo and name. It happens. Calgary kept the Flames name, what it had to do with either city is beyond me. What do Grizzlies have to do with Memphis? Not alot.

Understand that not everyone is capable of simple conquring up an unique logo at will. If you can, go for it, but don't browbeat those who don't. Put up or shut up

I wasn't browbeating nobody, whatever browbeat means (I'm French-Canadian).

I was just inciting people to do so because I'm not very good in creating unique logos.

You need to calm down man :P

Sometimes when teams move, they keep the logo and name. It happens. Calgary kept the Flames name, what it had to do with either city is beyond me. What do Grizzlies have to do with Memphis? Not alot.

Understand that not everyone is capable of simple conquring up an unique logo at will. If you can, go for it, but don't browbeat those who don't. Put up or shut up

The Atlanta Flames name comes from The Burning of Atlanta during the civil war. And there are Grizzly Bears in the Smoky Mountains throughout Tennessee.

Understand that not everyone is capable of simple conjuring up an unique logo at will. If you can, go for it, but don't browbeat those who don't. Put up or shut up

The Atlanta Flames name comes from The Burning of Atlanta during the civil war. And there are Grizzly Bears in the Smoky Mountains throughout Tennessee.

Wrong. Black bears roam the Great Smoky Mountains of TN. Plus, Memphis isn't even in the mountains, much less on the same end of the state as the Smokies. The Grizzlies moniker is just another example of laziness in the NBA. (Ex: LA Lakers, Utah Jazz, et cetera.) Can't say I hate the name, though. Memphis Grizzlies just sounds good! (Although the team is less than good...)

I also have a problem with the influx of "Hamilton Predators" concepts lately. However, my problem mostly deals with the real life situation going down in Music Town. (That rhymed!)

"From my opinion , a great concept of the Hamilton Predators would include a new logo, and maybe even a new name AND logo." - AllyB96

Agreed, but I'd also include a new team...

I noticed that in each concept of the eventual Hamilton Predators on this forum, the logo have stayed barely unchanged. The fact is the Nashville Predators logo represents only the city of Nashville. When they built the city they found bones of a Sabertooth tiger in the ground and it's why the logo is the head of this ancien predator.

From my opinion , a great concept of the Hamilton Predators would include a new logo, and maybe even a new name AND logo.

Maybe I'll try something but I know some people here can create beautiful and creative concept, better than mines :P

It's simple, actually. Most people here don't make logos. They just have to use what's already around.

It's simple, actually. Most people here don't make logos. They just have to use what's already around.

Werd.

The Atlanta thing is correct, but according to Wikipedia:

"Skalbania promptly moved the team to Calgary, but kept the Flames name since he figured it would be appropriate for an oil town like Calgary."

Which I don't quite get.

"Skalbania promptly moved the team to Calgary, but kept the Flames name since he figured it would be appropriate for an oil town like Calgary."

Which I don't quite get.

Do not try to understand Nelson Skalbania... (and do you think he put that entry in this online fountain of truth himself???)

Which I don't quite get.

Well fire burns on oil, and since the Oilers were their regional rival, it just works.

So are you saying this would be a BAD concept for Hamilton? I mean, a Shark is a predator!

hamilton.gif

:D:D

What about the LA Lakers, Tennessee Oilers or the Arizona Cardinals. I would think the Hamilton Predators would last because if you name them the tigers or something like that the CFL will not be happy and if you take the bulldogs well the AHL would not like that either. I think if you are you to put a team in Hamilton, ie the Nashville Preds, that the predators would fit and If you changed the logo just a little bit than I think it may work.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

What about the LA Lakers, Tennessee Oilers or the Arizona Cardinals. I would think the Hamilton Predators would last because if you name them the tigers or something like that the CFL will not be happy and if you take the bulldogs well the AHL would not like that either. I think if you are you to put a team in Hamilton, ie the Nashville Preds, that the predators would fit and If you changed the logo just a little bit than I think it may work.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

The city of Hamilton owns the right to the Bulldogs name and logo, not the AHL or the Montral Canadiens, similar to how Harford owns all rights to the Whalers name and logos. Hamilton could use it for an NHL team if they chose to go that direction. Also, don't you think Montrals farm team would no longer be in Hamilton anyway if the NHL came to town?

Archived