Problem with Hamilton Preds concepts

allyb96

Sometimes when teams move, they keep the logo and name. It happens. Calgary kept the Flames name, what it had to do with either city is beyond me. What do Grizzlies have to do with Memphis? Not alot.

Understand that not everyone is capable of simple conquring up an unique logo at will. If you can, go for it, but don't browbeat those who don't. Put up or shut up

What about the LA Lakers, Tennessee Oilers or the Arizona Cardinals. I would think the Hamilton Predators would last because if you name them the tigers or something like that the CFL will not be happy and if you take the bulldogs well the AHL would not like that either. I think if you are you to put a team in Hamilton, ie the Nashville Preds, that the predators would fit and If you changed the logo just a little bit than I think it may work.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

The city of Hamilton owns the right to the Bulldogs name and logo, not the AHL or the Montral Canadiens, similar to how Harford owns all rights to the Whalers name and logos. Hamilton could use it for an NHL team if they chose to go that direction. Also, don't you think Montrals farm team would no longer be in Hamilton anyway if the NHL came to town?

I was not aware that Hamilton owned the right to the logo and name but I never thought of the bulldogs having to move if the NHL came. I guess that the market would not be big enough for everything. Good thinking though...

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The fact is the Nashville Predators logo represents only the city of Nashville.

Hamilton's history dicates that the team used to be called the Tigers

a logo of a Sabre Tooth Tiger is VERY representative of Hamilton; not only Nashville

As previously mentioned I think if the Predators do move to Hamilton or any other city that they should have their own identity instead of inherting one previously used. I think it will be very intersting to see what ideas/logos are being kicked around & what gets leaked.

As previously mentioned I think if the Predators do move to Hamilton or any other city that they should have their own identity instead of inherting one previously used. I think it will be very intersting to see what ideas/logos are being kicked around & what gets leaked.

I'm fine with that, as long as they get to retain the records of the current Nashville team.

Just say no to the Cleveland Deal.

The other thing is that even if this move happens (fingers crossed), Hamilton won't be the permanent home and the team probably won't be called the "Hamilton" anythings. Therefore, the whole Predators/Tigers/Bulldogs argument goes out the window. They'll be known as the "Ontario" something or another, and they won't wear blue. Red is still possible, but I wouldn't expect that either.

Archived