New Islanders Logo / Uniforms?

jayzcat

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard everything from "loud" to "back to royal blue".

Frankly, I hope they keep what they have now (besides the horrible orange 3rd, which we know won't be back). I really like the darker blue over the dated royal, and I've always loved that "wavy" shoulder logo representing the 4 Cups.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

As someone mentioned in another thread, the new website does seem to have a lot of royal blue on it.

word is that they might be going to that 4th jersey they worn this year...

against the sabres

i actually like them!

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?service=...type=1&pg=2

I love those jerseys, that would be phenomenal! I'm really curious to see what lace-up collars will look like under the Reebok template since the necklines seem to be relatively tight. Also, where will they put the NHL logo because picturing it at the base of the neck (in my mind) on a lace-up jersey looks horrible.

mets.png

And take a look at the color of the draft hat

The only thing I would caution here is that those draft hat "photos" are some pretty shoddy photoshoppery. In the past (last year for one, and for NFL draft caps of the same template both years) the colour of the draft cap in the "photo"/photoshop does not match the actual colour of the item. I think they just go... "OK, Islanders, blue... slap the logo and marks on the blank blue template... next"

Though that being said... there does appear to be other evidence of a return to royal blue for them... I'm just cautioning against using the draft cap "photo" as a good indication of anything... including how the actual item looks if you purchase it!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

As someone mentioned in another thread, the new website does seem to have a lot of royal blue on it.

word is that they might be going to that 4th jersey they worn this year...

against the sabres

i actually like them!

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?service=...type=1&pg=2

I love those jerseys, that would be phenomenal! I'm really curious to see what lace-up collars will look like under the Reebok template since the necklines seem to be relatively tight. Also, where will they put the NHL logo because picturing it at the base of the neck (in my mind) on a lace-up jersey looks horrible.

Those jerseys were the originals worn in 71-72. I like them a lot too, actually.

Oh and about the lace-up and NHL logo, here is the new Boston jersey with a lace up:

200706_white_jersey.png200706_black_jersey.png

It's small, but you can see the NHL logo above the laces in that little piece of cloth by the neck.

Wow. I like blue and orange as uniform colors, but you can't use that much orange! Trim only... trim only.

Reverse the colors on the sleeves, and turn that CFL-style bib-piping orange and these are at least... well still just OK.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived