2 more MAHL logos

Geoff

I have to say that so far all 3 Team Identities are very nice. Perfect... No. I could nit-pick. I just don't feel that it's necessary. They are very strong. It makes the league seem like they are trying to be serious. They are taking the right steps to create nice identities.

Sure, the level of play will be the deciding factor for league stability... but the logos (which is what the majority of us care about) create a professional image.

I'm digging that Warriors logo, though. Very clean and professional-looking.

I totally agree. The second I saw it, it struck me how nice it was compared to even some AHL teams' logos. *cough*Quad City*cough*

I'm digging that Warriors logo, though. Very clean and professional-looking.

Agreed. I like the secondaries as well - the W and the upraised fist holding the stick. I think the head logo is just one too many alts, although it's executed pretty well.

Here's the third team's logo, the Mon Valley Thunder:

Mon_Valley.png

Looks like Thor swung and missed the puck. :D

EDIT: anybody notice that the link at the top of the Ice Miners' site leads not to the MAHL league page but to the National Professional Basketball League?

I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by both logos. The Wooster logo is perfect. The only thing I don't like about the IceMiners logo is the fact that the guy looks like he's in the middle of a GOLF swing and not a slap shot.

Here's the third team's logo, the Mon Valley Thunder:

Mon_Valley.png

Looks like Thor swung and missed the puck. :D

EDIT: anybody notice that the link at the top of the Ice Miners' site leads not to the MAHL league page but to the National Professional Basketball League?

reminds of the ECHL's Stockton Thunder

STOCK_f37dyryfm0ev0424ngpi.gif

The quality of the logos aside, one really has to question the need for yet another lower-tier minor-professional hockey league in the United States. Further, it's a clear sign of market saturation when said league is setting-up shop in "booming metropolises" (tongue planted firmly in cheek) such as Wooster, Ohio... Indiana, Pennsylvania... and - better yet - Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania.

This league is being run by the same guy who started the AIFL/AIFA. They also have put a franchise in the town I spent my teen years - Indiana, Pennsylvania - a :censored:hole with a population of all of about 15,000 (of which roughly half nowadays are drunken college kids from urban Philadelphia attending IUP thanks to government subsidies and grants).

I give it a year, maybe two tops.

This league is being run by the same guy who started the AIFL/AIFA. They also have put a franchise in the town I spent my teen years - Indiana, Pennsylvania - a :censored:hole with a population of all of about 15,000 (of which roughly half nowadays are drunken college kids from urban Philadelphia attending IUP thanks to government subsidies and grants).

I give it a year, maybe two tops.

Heck, if they can put a team in that small of a city, they could put the entire leauge between Aberdeen and Woodbridge. Maybe then it'd be more "Mid-Atlantic".

not sure, but my guess would be skye dillon, aka cward or jordan sain, aka lightbluenc...and i'm really digging all 3

its not me fellas, i've learned my lesson w/ haines. i am curious to see who he went after this time though...

Archived