Indiana Coach Terry Hoeppner has passed away

footballfiji

From iuhoosiers

All my thoughts and prayers are with the Hoepnner family. This is really sad for the Hoosiers. Coach Hoeppner built this program up from the bottom of the conference and they were poised to make their first bowl game this year. Their new head coach will be former offensive coordinator Bill Lynch. Coach Lynch is a great coach too, and can hopefully lead the Hoosiers to sucess.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's a shame. I was rooting for him, obviously to win his battle with brain cancer, but to also get back to the sidelines. I remember reading an article about his battle a few weeks back. At the time, I thought the Indiana AD seemed a tad insensitive. Looking back on the article now, it's not as harsh as I remember, but you can still kinda pick up on what I was seeing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2893585

this is so unfortunate for both the family of Coach Hoeppner and his family at IU. As a Big Ten fan, I really felt he was starting to turn that losing atmosphere around. RIP Coach Hoepp

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Prayers for his family and for the Hoosiers.

Coach Lynch should do a good job. He was head coach at my school (DePauw) before joining Hoeppner's staff, and the team was pretty good when he was coaching.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It turns out that Ben Roethlisberger was very close to Coach Hoeppner, he considered him his second father. I wish that Big Ben can get through this along with the Hoeppner family and the Indiana football team. The football team was only told on Friday that Coach Hoepnner would not be able to coach them this year. Coach Lynch is a good man and should lead this team where Hep was taking them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's always sad to hear of a close coach to people dying, and to think after reading that all of the dedication he has had to the team is pretty remarkable. Not staying out of coaching for long periods of time even after the surgeries, it's amazing that a guy with brain cancer would still care that much for the game instead of just giving up on life.

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

Archived