Basketball, i just hate it

rmered

I love watching basketball and playing it for that matter.  I prefer the college game over the pro game but I still enjoy watching both.  Most of the time I would rather watch a college game then a pro unless Lebron is playing.  Basketball is to me like hockey is to most of you.  I find soccer and hockey fairly boring, seeing as you can't turn your head for a second.  Personally, soccer is one of the worst sports ever,  why only allow one player to use his hands and I don't see the point of trying to have to kick a ball into a net.  I admit hockey is exciting, particularly the playoffs and overtime.  I enjoy sudden death overtime, it means that everything is on the line.  Speaking of sudden death overtime,  I was playing basketball yesterday and at the end of regulation it was a tie.  The game was a battle, going back and forth constantly.  Well, overtime was sudden death. ???   We won the game on a foul shot less than a minute into the overtime period.  I don't understand how you can have sudden death overtime in basketball.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Personally, soccer is one of the worst sports ever, why only allow one player to use his hands and I don't see the point of trying to have to kick a ball into a net.

ha ha. In the game you call football, only two players do kick the ball. (I am unclear exactly if other players are allowed to!) However I can see why soccer could be dull if it isn't part of your culture. Some games can be pretty crappy to watch. But a really great game of soccer can have all the excitement you can want in a sport.

A lot of English people complain that in Basketball it is too easy to score. I guess the American arguement against soccer is the opposite, that it is too difficult to score.

Basically I think any sport can be incredible to watch, however I generally find that you need an emotional commitment to one team or the other to really get excited about it.  (Maybe that is one reason that sometimes Superbowls etc. aren't that exciting, because your team isnt playing??)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i'm sort of the opposite, i have a preference to the pro game.  i would have played some HS ball except for two things: i'm the slowest guy i know and i can't shoot straight.  hell, every now and then i wind up watching a wnba game or, as i was for part of last night, the Texas Tech and Baylor women for example.  the one thing i truly despise is that the high school game insists on playing without some type of shot clock.  i mean, plop, Team A has a 7 point lead on Team B and it's midway through the fourth quarter.  so what happens: they sit on the goddamn ball for like a half hour...hey, time to get some Skittles :P ...that ain't basketball, that's some guy bouncing a ball and 50 people are sleeping in teh stands

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Personally, soccer is one of the worst sports ever

I guess this just shows the difference in folks. I love soccer. i wish MLS or English premier league, or somehting got more TV coverage in the US, its too damn hard to follow a league to get excited about it, cause its never no TV or sportscenter.

Soccer, they call it the beautiful game, and it is, if you appreciate it. The best plays are not always goals.. they are great give and gos, wonderful passes pushed through, great moves by wingers, incredible stops by defenders.. then you get to set pieces, shooting, saves. Man, I miss playing already.

Soccer and hockey are quite similar. I'm always surprised there aren't more fans of hockey who like soccer as well.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

the one thing i truly despise is that the high school game insists on playing without some type of shot clock.

Boys and Girls HS basketball in Massachusetts have a 30 second shot clock. I haven't done a HS game without one. Youth travel leagues do not have shot clocks, although they do have 10 seconds to cross halfcourt. They also have 3-seconds-in-the-key violations, as well as 5-second-closely-guarded violations, so you're not going to see someone sitting on the ball for a minute and a half. You'll at least see some perimeter passing.

Quote (jpslapshot22 @ Jan. 18 2004,06:21)

The HS rulebook we use is much more identical to the college game than the pro game.

'much more identical' *shakes head at appalling grammar!!* Its either identical or not, like being more pregnant.

Opps sorry forgetting I wasn't marking school books for a second there!!

I don't gotta write good English either. Just so's youse guys know what I's writin bout :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The last 5 minutes of a Basketball game is good especially when its a playoff game and its close.

Soemtimes, the last 5 minutes can take as long to play as the rest of the game. (wow that sounds wierd when you're tired) But thats when the strategy and defence come into play. You have literals only seconds to inbound, set up and shoot in some cases. You really see who's up for the challenge and who cracks under pressure

They could save us all a lot of trouble by making games 5 minutes long.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Why I hate Basketball:

1: Too much scoring, they score like 50 baskets in the game. All basketball is, is 1 team scores then the other team gets the ball and scores. There's no defense, it's boring. The only part of the game that matters is the final 2 minutes. To me, that's not a good thing for a sport.

Ha! ha! Too much scoring. What do you expect? Basketball players are known for scoring! :;):

I'm only a modest NBA fan. I like basketball, but I agree, only the final two minutes are exciting. Can you tell me that a play in the first quarter in any game that really made a difference in that game?

I saw, I came, I left.

I can also think of other situations, but any particular play involves either an ejection or an injury.

Situations: one team having a large lead very early in the game

Technical fouls (not necessarily from the hard foul)

an unusual delay (backboard breaking, scoreboard going haywire)

A fight (kings-lakers, i'm looking at you)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived