Arizona St. Throwbacks at CWS

ShlyKBMT

I prefer the standard home and road uniforms. This one just doesn't work for me, although it's better than the gold jersey.

I agree, but as far as throwback it's not so bad. I think their home uniforms are classic it would be great if the road version was the same without the Dodge font.

I don't think they're appropriate for a game of that magnitude, but I like how they went all out with the high and skinny stirrups. Should've used beltless pants if they were gonna take it that far.

I don't think they're appropriate for a game of that magnitude, but I like how they went all out with the high and skinny stirrups. Should've used beltless pants if they were gonna take it that far.

I gotta agree here. Have them worn them much this year?

I loved them. They were baseball uniforms and not cheap Nike football/basketball uniforms, such as Mississippi State, UCI, and Rice wear. Oh and we can't forget the horrible Oregon State road unis with white OSU on the chest that looks like masking tape.

I loved them. They were baseball uniforms and not cheap Nike football/basketball uniforms, such as Mississippi State, UCI, and Rice wear. Oh and we can't forget the horrible Oregon State road unis with white OSU on the chest that looks like masking tape.

I agree. I prefer button-down jerseys, but gimme gaudy baseball pullovers instead of extraneously piped/striped button-downs any day.

Kudos to Arizona State for showing some stirrups. Even if they were just painted socks (and I honestly couldn't tell from what I saw), they still look better than the sweatpants style that's in vogue in baseball today.

I agree. I prefer button-down jerseys, but gimme gaudy baseball pullovers instead of extraneously piped/striped button-downs any day.

Kudos to Arizona State for showing some stirrups. Even if they were just painted socks (and I honestly couldn't tell from what I saw), they still look better than the sweatpants style that's in vogue in baseball today.

They were indeed real stirrups I got a good look at them.

Irvine's jerseys were actually based of the old MLB BP jerseys from a few years ago. If any school was using a football jersey for their baseball jersey, it was Louisville.

Anyway, I'm not a very big fan of pullovers but I actually kind of liked these throwbacks.

Archived