Web hosting for free, plus cheap domain reg

paynomind

Go to 1and1.com before January 23rd, and 3 months of hosting is free, and domain registration is 5.99 I just did it, and it is for real, actually free, and pretty good host.

If all you need is a hsoting plan, it is completely free, and they dont even ask for a credit card, os you knwo it isnt a scam.

I know 5 folks who have signed up, and it works!

But go now!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

They don't ask for your credit card, but they want to know everything else before you can register...  I just signed up and now they want me to give them my phone number so they can call me and tell me log-in information.

Reading the Terms and Agreements it doesn't sound like a scam, but I don't like people calling me.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If it makes you feel better, it isn't a person invading your privacy, it is a computerized suto-call that gives you a 4 digit number to validate your account. I think they want to make sure they don't give me 100 free accounts.

I don't work for this company, i'm just freakin tired of C&Ping concepts from long-time posters on this board.. get a domain already!!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If it makes you feel better, it isn't a person invading your privacy, it is a computerized suto-call that gives you a 4 digit number to validate your account. I think they want to make sure they don't give me 100 free accounts.

I don't work for this company, i'm just freakin tired of C&Ping concepts from long-time posters on this board.. get a domain already!!

I dont really want to!! And as I don't really post that many concepts it doesn't seem worth it!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

All I really need is some redirection services, I have free webspace from my ISP. Buuut... I wouldn't mind a real domain (don't nobody be taken syphicreations.com or team-id.net on me) and if it really is just a computerized message, that seems to be fine. I don't want my number on nobody's phone list all of a sudden.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

(don't nobody be taken syphicreations.com or team-id.net on me)

Why not register them anyway, even if you have nowhere to actually host them at the moment?

http://www.godaddy.com/

$8.95/yr registrations, I think they're running a ".com special" right now, $7.95.  That's where all of my domains are registered, including the new creamersports.com.

You can also get free DNS at http://www.everydns.net/ for up to 20 domains.  I'm a bit fuzzy on how it'd work to do a proper redirect, though, 'cause I don't think a CNAME record will do that. </geek>

And, well, let me just say it's nice running my own unix box to run a web server on via my DSL.  :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like they way mine show up now...I link through my domain name, and a new page pops up. This way, this board's topics and posts show up quicker, and if I've already seen someone's work, I don't have to look at it everytime.

I don't insert images (only links) from my website because I don't want to eat up the bandwidth anyway.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This place isnt free, like geocities.. it isnt their business to provide crappy hsoting with ads all over the place, JQK. This is a real company, that you'd be paying 29.99 a month for, they are running a marketing special, giving ot for free, to get a customer base. Plus, they have a great fill-in-the-blank website creator, that you could use to egt a website up without knowing anything.

Their domains are 5.99 a year. That costs nothing. Then, it directs to a FREE hosting solution.

If you post more than one concept a month, you owe it to yourself and your fellow posters to experiment with this. Even if you DONT register a domain, you will be provided with an address "http://23545.onlineusa.com" to make as yoru website.

Try.. it costs nothing, I have gotten NO emails or phoewn calls from it for solicitors.

You know what? never mind. Do what you want. I'm just saying, there is this as a choice.

ΓΔΒ!

You know what? never mind. Do what you want. I'm just saying, there is this as a choice.

Chill guys, it's just the internet.

Now, the main thing holding me back (other than my parents' being away so I can't ask their advice) is the fact that "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is."

36x$30=$1,080

I don't know of many promotions where they just hand out a thousand bucks. If a thousand people sign up (not that ridiculously outrageous of a number), that's $1 million over three years that they've handed out.

And thanks for tipping us off paynomind.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

With web hosting, it's typically "You get what you pay for."  For those seriously looking at moving to a better hosting service, check out the WebHostingTalk Forums.  My only gripe with those forums is that they blur out the words "CI Host", the service that currently hosts DetroitHockey.Net and these boards.

Sy, totally get what you mean about too good to be true. I was and am, completely wary of this.

I also believe in "got nothin to lose" so if the hosting ends up sucking, it cost me a giant goose egg, so I've lost nothing.

As soon as I get my site all set up and rolling, we will all see how it goes.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived