Cleveland Cavaliers uni history

02Rover

Man... I wish they were able to go back to that DARK shade of "wine". Having light gold unis at home would've been great, but the NBA wouldn't allow it.

Not to hi-jack the thread: BUT... If you fumble around the sight, it also shows all of the court designs. Man... that 1st Gund Arena court is nasty...nasty...NASTY!!

I really don't see one good set in that entire collection. What a sad, sad history.

If I absolutely had to pick one, it'd probably be this one:

8.gif

Reminds me of Larry Nance

Perhaps in a paralell universe. Larry Nance didn't join the Cavaliers until midway through the 1987/88 season when they had already changed to the blue with orange trim version:

9.gif

Nance never wore the orange version.

I really don't see one good set in that entire collection. What a sad, sad history.

8.gif

Perhaps in a paralell universe. Larry Nance didn't join the Cavaliers until midway through the 1987/88 season when they had already changed to the blue with orange trim version:

9.gif

absolutely correct.

Why are they pushing the navy so hard? The red one looks better, is truer to the idea of the wine and gold revival, and it matches the white jersey. I don't see any navy in the (snicker) proud history of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Also, this site creator should branch out and do all the jerseys and courts for all the teams. What a resource that would be, indeed.

8.gif

9.gif

I always think of World B. Free in the Burnt Orange unis.

Archived