THE ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Batfan1400

Since Austin has stepped down from AFL to af2,the door has been wide open for possible

markets like Boston,DC,Minny etc. to field their soldiers into this 50yd. indoor war.

I know Las Vegas seems up-in-the-air,but if they remain status-quo,IMO this is how I

would set up the AFL alignment.

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

EAST DIVISION

1).Boston-Massacre,Terriers,Beacons,something to do with NFL Pats or MLB Red Sox.

2).New York(Long Isl.;Nassau Cty.)Dragons

3).Philadelphia Soul

4).Washington,DC-Generals,Admirals,Warriors,War-HOGS.likely based on their NFL counterpart 'Skins.

5).Pittsburgh-Maulers,Polar Bears(possible Igloo them with NHL/Pens).something based on the NFL Steelers.

6).Miami/So.Fla.-a deep-sea creature based mascot or something tropical.

COMMENT-This is going to be my favorite division b/c it combines the AFC East,NHL's Patrick Division

and the NBA's Atlantic Division before splitting up in '04.

SOUTH DIVISION

1).Dallas Desperados

2).Georgia Force

3).New Orleans Voodoo

4).Orlando Predators

5).Tampa Bay Storm

6).Houston-(Missles;a play on NBA Rockets or outer space) or San Antonio(Alamos or the Wild West)

COMMENT-This division should be fun as well b/c of the interstate rivalries in TX and FL+GA and NO

like their NFL brethren

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

CENTRAL DIVISION

1).Chicago Rush

2).Columbus Destroyers

3).Grand Rapids Rampage

4).Kansas City Brigade

5).Nashville Kats

6).St.Louis-the Arches,Clydes(Horses=Budweiser),Red-Birds-something to do with MLB Card's.

COMMENT-This division reminds me of the NHL's current Central division,except that GR is in place

of Detroit,but within the same state though+KC in the mix as a rival for St.Louis.

WEST DIVISION

1).Arizona Rattlers

2).Colorado Crush

3).Las Vegas(for now)Gladiators

4).Los Angeles Avengers

5).San Jose SaberCats

6).Utah Blaze

COMMENT-This is my 2nd fav. division as well.The fact that COL is in the same group as everybody

else,this should be interesting as well.

I'm out for now.THE END. :flagusa:

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

There will not be 24 teams in the AFL next year. They're trying to do stay afloat with 19. Let them acomplish that before we go expanding like that.

"Stop Reel Line Mints".

philly.png

Why move franchises (and sell them at market value, which is like $4 million), when you can sell expansion franchises for more than $4 million? *cough*Indiana Firebirds*cough*

My predicted scenario...

AFL staggers around at 18, with Austin and Las Vegas folding and an expansion team in Minnesota.

But...I second the "Stop Reel Line Mints". The regular season isn't even over yet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4).Washington,DC-Generals

5).Pittsburgh-Maulers

I don't follow Arena ball closely enough to know the likelihood of expansion. However, I can tell you that those names are unlikely to be chosen.

Washington Generals = longtime foils of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Pittsburgh Maulers = USFL franchise (so probably a bad association).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4).Washington,DC-Generals

5).Pittsburgh-Maulers

I don't follow Arena ball closely enough to know the likelihood of expansion. However, I can tell you that those names are unlikely to be chosen.

Washington Generals = longtime foils of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Pittsburgh Maulers = USFL franchise (so probably a bad association).

Yeah, I think that's what I severely dislike about these posts - the lousy nicknames that people try to come up with to go with cities that don't currently have teams. It makes them all the more annoying.

Again, I say...

STOP REEL LINE MINTS.

ETA: Allow me to also add that Dallas and Philly will probably stay in the same division because of the football rivalry that exists there.

philly.png

For 2008, with Austin moving down to AF2, the AFL will probably look like this:

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

Eastern Division

Columbus Destroyers

Dallas Desperados

New York Dragons

Philadelphia Soul

Southern Division

Georgia Force

Nashville Kats (moving over from American Conference - Central Division)

New Orleans VooDoo

Orlando Predators

Tampa Bay Storm

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

Central Division

Chicago Rush

Colorado Crush

Grand Rapids Rampage

Kansas City Brigade

Western Division

Arizona Rattlers

Los Angeles Avengers