Washington Capitals Concept

JQK

Very Good! Very Good Indeed!! I am so pissed about what I have seen so far. I am hoping it is a deceptive hoax, and what they show tomorrow will not be what we have seen. Is there any significance in the number of stars you used (22)?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Is there any significance in the number of stars you used (22)?

Nope. Unlike the Islanders, there is no hidden meaning, i just wanted to give the wordmark more of a crest-like appreance...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like everything on this concept better than what was leaked, except I like the new logo's 3 stars because as someone pointed out it represented the 3 stars on the Washington DC flag. But the rest of this logo and jersey concept is much better.

Wade-sig.png

geez, im sorry, ur design is nice, but as a diehard Caps fan, the wordmark logo is so 70's. thats why they changed in the first place. thats really the only reason im disappointed with the leaked jersey, i understand that creating a brand new logo is hard, but the Caps design team had something better in the unused jersey back a few years ago.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think this is like 100% better than what they will be unvailing tomorrow at the draft. awesome job. ANy thoughts about a 3rd jersey.

Once you get to know JQK, you'll know there are no 3rds.

THey're not bad, very much like their older designs. What I didn't like about they previously was that from behind they were difficult to decern from Montreal from behind. With the colours, it's difficult to work around that, this font though is distinguishable, and names are noticabley different.

The stars around the words make it more litte a logo as opposed to just a script across the chest

If they Caps wanted to go semi-retro, this is my opinion on how they should have done it...

WashingtonCapitals-MainCrest.gif

WashingtonCapitals-HomeJersey.gif

WashingtonCapitals-AwayJersey.gif

Wow, awesome idea! You managed to turn a wordmark into a logo "Winnepeg Jets" style. It's too late for Washington but give Anaheim a call and offer your skills!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I think this is like 100% better than what they will be unvailing tomorrow at the draft. awesome job. ANy thoughts about a 3rd jersey.

Once you get to know JQK, you'll know there are no 3rds.

True that. :P

What I didn't like about they previously was that from behind they were difficult to decern from Montreal from behind. With the colours, it's difficult to work around that, this font though is distinguishable, and names are noticabley different.

The stars around the words make it more litte a logo as opposed to just a script across the chest

I struggled with that, and i tried changing it up in a variety of different color combos and striping patterns and such. In the end, that was the way i decided to go, as to preserve the feel of the Old-School Caps, while trying my damnedest to give the jersey a seperate and unique identity...

Gauging the reactions, i've got a hit-or-miss with the crowd...

sB9ijEj.png

the concept isnt bad, i much like the way the wordmark looks compared to what the leaked logo looks like. its not just ur concept, i dont like wordmarks as logos, the only reason ive got a Caps vintage jersey is cuz theyre my team, and its their history, but i think thats where the wordmark logo needs to stay, in the history. to me, the eagle logo was perfect, and i prefered the Capital Blue jersey myself. remembering Dale Hunter raising the Prince of Wales trophy at HSBC Arena in 98 wearing those Blues is Caps history at its highest point, not the lousy 21 pt 1974 season wearing those vintage jerseys. yeah we had great regular seasons, but playoff success was wearing those blue jerseys. so no offense to ur concept, its great, it just doesnt do it for me.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

the concept isnt bad, i much like the way the wordmark looks compared to what the leaked logo looks like. its not just ur concept, i dont like wordmarks as logos, the only reason ive got a Caps vintage jersey is cuz theyre my team, and its their history, but i think thats where the wordmark logo needs to stay, in the history. to me, the eagle logo was perfect, and i prefered the Capital Blue jersey myself. remembering Dale Hunter raising the Prince of Wales trophy at HSBC Arena in 98 wearing those Blues is Caps history at its highest point, not the lousy 21 pt 1974 season wearing those vintage jerseys. yeah we had great regular seasons, but playoff success was wearing those blue jerseys. so no offense to ur concept, its great, it just doesnt do it for me.

Understandably. But i never liked that eagle. Out of the two jersey eras, the red-white-blue era was far superior to the black-blue-gold era...

...that's just my opinion.

As for why i did this jersey like this, it is aparent now that the capitals were going retro, and i wanted to give my input on what these pseudo-retro jerseys should have looked like. I'm a big hater of wordmark logos, but the Capitals always seems cool to me. I dunno... maybe cause i grew up with it as part of the Patrick Division....

sB9ijEj.png

They're ok, but I don't think they're better then what they have. I hate the yolk on each, that looks bad and the striping is just strange. Lose the yolks and alter the striping and you'll be on the way.

These are better than what they went to IMO. The wordmark is 10 times better and the circle of stars does give it somewhat of a "crest" look.

My only problem is the stripes. I'd rather see the top strip brought all the way down to the wide (or middle) stripe.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. Conceptually, this is a pretty poor logo and hockey uniform. Generic, static, understated, about as interesting or Washington-esque as a whitewashed fence around a vacant lot in Indiana.

2. Technically, it's a very nicely presented concept, with a thoughtful approach to color balance and player-in-motion appearance in particular.

3. It's about a thousand times better than the actual new Caps uniforms.

20082614447.png

Archived