Tampay Bay Lightning Concept

allyb96

It's been awhile since I've posted a concept here but I had this one on my comp and I tough it was kind of cool. I don't know if I'll modified it again but I would appreciate C&C for other concepts I'll make in the future.

I really like this team because two of their top players, Vincent Lecavalier and Brad Richards, played their junior in my town, Rimouski. It was something to see them win the Cup when I was 16. Also, I love Martin St. Louis because it's incredible how this guy worked hard to find his way in the NHL. He's from Quebec and to see him succeed like this is a great lesson of courage and determination.

So here it is ! Thanks for the comments !

P.S.: Everything is done with MS Paint. Maybe in one or two exceptions I used GIMP. I used cellsea.com to resize images.

HOME

TB_Concept.jpg

AWAY

TB_Concept_Away.jpg

ALTERNATE

TB_Concept_Alternate.jpg

(numbers from the LA Kings Jerseys)

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

I accaully really like your idea and where this is going. Could use alot of cleaning up and stuff. Like the fonts for the numbers because you have three fonts going on here. The idea reminds me alot of the dallas stars though how you have the lightning bolts and on the stars it is like a star on the arms and side. Just try to clean it up a bit though.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I love the striping pattern. It's nice and straight head on, and then the little lightning twist at the end. Beauty. You've done well including more blue into the design without totally re-designing the fundamental aspects of the uniform.

I don't like the logo on the alt. I like the blue colour in there, but the logo and font don't go well together. Really, they should co-ordinate in some way, one looking like the other. (that said, I like the paintbrush font for the should patch)

Try and make the alt just like the other two sweaters except blue and you have a pretty good concept in my book. Did you make the helmet logo, or do they already have that? Just wondering. I also love the stripe pattern.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

For the TB font (paintbrush style) I used for the shoulder patch and the helmet logo, I just took the capital T and the capital B of this script found on sportslogos.net :

TB_script.jpg

And the primary logo is simply the actual alternate logo of the TB Lightning. And yeah, it's really the representation of the state of Florida, not a condom:P

For the alternate jersey I wasn't sure myself of the logo. I try to change it in the next few days. Maybe I'll put the TB font ?

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

I dont know why everone doesn't like the alt jersey...I like the way that its a script LOGO but it doesn't say tampa bay on it. I find it very original and creative. Great job on that part. Also I am not a big fan that the main logo that you used.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived