KG isn't going to the Celtics...

whitedawg22

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

KG won't re-sign with Boston, effectively killing a trade there. I think it's pretty clear by now that the Wolves are pretty actively trying to trade him (I mean, listening to offers...), but I don't know who would have the chips to acquire him other than the Bulls and the Suns.

At least KG saved Danny Ainge from himself...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please come to Boston for the Celtics

The team is prayin' for some stars and they've got lots of room

You can try to get your rings at the Garden

Under which 16 ancient banners hang

Please come to Boston

KG said no, I would rather rot where I at

And KG said, hey Danny Ainge, why don't you step down

The Celtics ain't gettin any better with you

They ain't no good and they wont get better with me

I rather continue to lose in Minnesota

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

KG said he wants to go to Phoenix, I hope the Suns steps up now, but the problem is Shawn Marion doesnt wanna play in Boston either so that nixed the 3 way trade and he doesnt wanna play in Minnesota, so the only way Phoenix has a real shot is to give up Amare Stoudamire. If im Phoenix that something I have to really sit and think if I want to do that.

If im Bulls GM John Paxson...I say forget waiting on Kobe, Bulls play unselfish old school basketball, and KG would fit perfectly. I would love to see Kevin Garnett in Chicago. The Bull would automatically be my pick for the 2008 NBA Finals

I really hope Phoenix doesn't give up Amare. While KG is an amazing player, I would much rather take the youth Amare gives. I would however love to see KG come here for Marion but I don't blame Marion for not wanting to go to Boston. Hopefully they can make something happen to get KG in a Suns jersey next year.

PopHeading-1.gif

I really hope Phoenix doesn't give up Amare. While KG is an amazing player, I would much rather take the youth Amare gives. I would however love to see KG come here for Marion. Hopefully they can make it happen.

Agreed, If Im Phoenix, ill keep Amare over getting KG, Amare is long term. KG would be a short term investment when comparing age and talent. Too bad Shawn Marion has leverage to decide where he gets traded to other wise we would see KG in Phoenix. Still, I would rather see KG in a Bulls Jersey, he fit better in their old school, unselfish style then Kobe would.

Players wanna play in New York....The Knicks just are over the salery cap from too many bad contracts for players no other teams wants. So its hard to trade for marquee players and its they wont have big time money till summer 2009. Kobe and Jermaine O'neil have both said they wanna play in NY

Please come to Boston for the Celtics

The team is prayin' for some stars and they've got lots of room

You can try to get your rings at the Garden

Under which 16 ancient banners hang

Please come to Boston

KG said no, I would rather rot where I at

And KG said, hey Danny Ainge, why don't you step down

The Celtics ain't gettin any better with you

They ain't no good and they wont get better with me

I rather continue to lose in Minnesota

Wow Tank, a Dave Loggins (I think) reference. Bravo! (seriously)

As a Wolves fan, I have loved KG from day 1. He's freakeshly athletic for his size, he was very mature and showed leadership as a 19 year old rookie and he's loyal to the team that took a chance on him (he was the first straight out of high school in decades).

But I have recently faced the idea that KG is one of the most over-rated players in the game. He's very good, but a superstar has two things that KG does not have. #1 KG almost never takes a game over. I have seen many "lesser players" take games over vs. the Wolves (Kelvin Cato for example), but KG almost never does it. Yeah, he gets his "20, 10 and 5", but they rarely come disproportionaly at the end. #2 He does not want anything to do with the ball at crunch time. He seemed to be doing more of this during the one good playoff run in '04 (I think he had a couple of huge games against the Kings). But since that year, they've only played regular season games and he has almost never taken one over and he has shyed away from the big shot with time winding down. And for some reason, the Wolves tend to blow sizable leads in the 4th Quater. A superstar should stop that on his own.

I don't know. In 04 he won MVP and made the playoff run. Perhaps all the problems with Sprewell, Cassell and the team the next year, followed by crap team he is surrounded by have taken some of the fire out. Maybe he could return to the top of his game with the right change of scenery.

So, I will be sad to see KG in another uniform, but the bottom line is that KG will never celebrate a championship in Minnesota. So a split is best for both parties.

As for the Wolves with or without KG. It has consistently been a very poorly run franchise. Kevin McHale has to go. They need to essentially start over as an expansion team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Does anybody want to play for the Celtics the legendary Celtics? 16 Championships? Great History? Have they fallen that far?

This team is a mess, brother. To quote Charles Barkley: "Danny Ainge has turned the Celtics into the Clippers."

Minnesota won't win with KG. They need too many pieces and they can't get those pieces with KG still in the mix. I love seeing a player go through his entire career with one team, but if KG wants a championship, he's gonna have to do it outside of Minnesota.

From the limited articles that I've read on this subject, it seems that KG would only really go to Phoenix (I think I heard he would go to Dallas but that's not going to happen. Chicago would work, but they aren't immediate championship contenders. I think as far as KG is concerned it's either Phoenix or Minnesota.

As far as Phoenix is concerned, I don't think they should trade away Amare. He's too young and too good. Yes, microfracture surgery is serious, but he's shown that he's worth any sort of risk (which I think is minimal).

OnWis97, regarding your "KG is overrated/what a superstar is" opinion, I disagree. I think players that can "take over" a game are quite rare. These are players that can score at will regardless of what you do. We've even seen that these players are simply not enough. Take Kobe and the Lakers. He can score 60 points but they'll still lose because the supporting cast isn't that good. That's KG's problem. He doesn't have a great supporting cast. When a player is the only option, they suffer. I do agree with you that because of that, a trade is necessary so he can get to a team that has greater players around him. Phoenix has that team, but I don't think that Phoenix will pull it off.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

OnWis97, regarding your "KG is overrated/what a superstar is" opinion, I disagree. I think players that can "take over" a game are quite rare. These are players that can score at will regardless of what you do. We've even seen that these players are simply not enough. Take Kobe and the Lakers. He can score 60 points but they'll still lose because the supporting cast isn't that good. That's KG's problem. He doesn't have a great supporting cast. When a player is the only option, they suffer. I do agree with you that because of that, a trade is necessary so he can get to a team that has greater players around him. Phoenix has that team, but I don't think that Phoenix will pull it off.

I partly agree. I think that players that can "take over" a game are more common than you give credit for. They don't have to be the guys that score 30 a game, like Kobe or T-Mac. They just have to be clutch guys that can create their own shot and want the ball at the end. Think players like Sam Cassell, Chauncey Billups, or Baron Davis. The ideal situation would be for KG to pair up again with someone like that.

KG's only success came with Cassell (during his last decent year). If he finds a team that has a clutch solo offensive player, even if it's not someone that needs the ball constantly, like Kobe, it'll be perfect, because KG can focus on doing all the little things he does so well and not have to worry about leading the team or getting clutch points.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Amare may be playing himself out of Phoenix (bad attitude?)

I'll take KG over Amare anyday. You know KG has the warrior's mentality (and he's got better knees, besides being older). Microfracture surgery is serious.

Did you see Amare play at all this season? He only missed like 3 games (one of which being his suspension). And I don't know what attitude problem you are talking about. Care to elaborate?

PopHeading-1.gif

I really hope Phoenix doesn't give up Amare. While KG is an amazing player, I would much rather take the youth Amare gives. I would however love to see KG come here for Marion but I don't blame Marion for not wanting to go to Boston. Hopefully they can make something happen to get KG in a Suns jersey next year.

I hear Amare is a headcase and wants the Suns to be "his team"... any truth to that?

He sounds cocky whenever I see him in an interview.

IUe6Hvh.png

I hear Amare is a headcase and wants the Suns to be "his team"... any truth to that?

I honestly haven't heard anything like that. He is a big part of the team but I think he knows that it is Nash's team for the moment but will (hopefully) be his one day. But I have really never seen him complain in anyway about wanting the spotlight on him.

But yes, he is cocky. But honestly it is more remarkable today to find a player that isn't cocky. However, I would argue Marion is more cocky and wants to be a star much more than Amare does.

PopHeading-1.gif

I honestly haven't heard anything like that. He is a big part of the team but I think he knows that it is Nash's team for the moment but will (hopefully) be his one day. But I have really never seen him complain in anyway about wanting the spotlight on him.

But yes, he is cocky. But honestly it is more remarkable today to find a player that isn't cocky. However, I would argue Marion is more cocky and wants to be a star much more than Amare does.

Yeah, I've just heard it from a caller or two on a sports radio station as I'm trying to fall asleep. I didn't put too much stock into it being true but I figured I'd ask.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived