KG isn't going to the Celtics...

whitedawg22

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this might rekindle my faith in the green a little... we'll see how it plays out

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Toronto still has to be the favorite to win the division. As for the conference, I'm stacking it up right now as 1. Detroit, 2. Washington, 3. Chicago, 4. Toronto, 5. Cleveland, 6. Miami, 7/8. Boston, Milwaukee, Orlando, New York (NY included, like Boston, on paper potential, but also on last year's overall performance where, had injuries not depleted the roster - especially Crawford - the Knicks would've remained in playoff contention).

like mentioned above, I put the Celtics right there at the same place as Cleveland and Miami at least, maybe just a hair behind Toronto too. Can't deny the power of those three players, but like Miami, Toronto, and Cleveland, there are still too many questions. Hell, *nobody* in the East has very few questions; Detroit and Chicago probably have the least, but out of the whole league they've got to be somewhere in the bottom half of the top 10 all told.

the East is going to be amusing if only to see who's flaws are actually going to come out and who's won't. while the West will be a battle of hoops titans, the East could be a comedy of errors. If the East was re-seeded, this would be *perfect*.

I have Boston winning the Atlantic Division, but I think Chicago is still my pick for next seasons. So to me this is my East rankings....1)Chicago, 2)Detroit (Depending if Webber returns there, could drop to 4/5), 3)Boston, 4)Miami, 5)Cleveland (They did absolutly nothin to improve their roster), 6)New Jersey 7) Toronto (They wont sneak up on anybody this year) 8) Washington, 9)New York (Zach not enough after Boston's trade), 10)Orlando, 11)Milwaukee, 12)Philadelphia 13)Indiana (J.O. will be gone by the trade dealine), 14)Charlotte, 15)Atlanta

As for the West, lest just say Minnesota and Atlanta will be battling it out to see who has the most pingpong balls next offseason.

Did the Celtics make the playoffs last year? The T-Wolves? The Sonics?

Now they just have three times the losers they had last year. Awesome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Celtics, T-Wolves, Sonics: All avg. One All-star on their team.

Celtics now: 3 All-stars on one team.

In the eastern conference.

Theyll be fine.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Boston will do better, but they won't win their division. Ray Allen can't stay healthy a full season, and while they have 3 stars on their roster, who else do they have? They basically traded away their entire team as well as their future to get Garnett. Without an established roster and meaningful depth, this team won't go too much farther up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All I can say is, as a Celtics fan, this is gonna look miiiighty nice.

celtics_garnett_home.jpg

Gotta change the jersey number. Kevin Garnett will be wearing #5 . Thats the number that is listed on the Celtics website under the team roster

All I can say is, as a Celtics fan, this is gonna look miiiighty nice.

celtics_garnett_home.jpg

Gotta change the jersey number. Kevin Garnett will be wearing #5 . Thats the number that is listed on the Celtics website under the team roster

Ah yes, he will be...I believe the jersey unveiling will be sometime within the next 30 mins or so at the press conf.

Looks like Kevin McHale decided to help his old team out...

Not that it matters, but Eastern Conference playoff seeds will probably be as follows.

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland

3. Boston

4. Washington (assumes "team" doesn't get hurt)

5. Detroit

6. Toronto

7. Miami (assumes healthy D-Wade)

8. New York

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I see the East like this:

1. Chicago - They have been playing really well, and have only gotten better so far this season. I assume they'll play better and I can see them winning around 55 games.

2. Cleveland - Last season they were better than the Bulls by 1 game. I think that the cavs can still be a high ranked eastern team. I can see 'em winning the east again, but not the Finals. This team needs a point guard. They have a lot of good players, but no semi-star point guards. By semi-star I mean point guards such as: Mike Bibby, Luke Ridnour, Jason Williams etc...

3. Toronto Raptors - They will win the Atlantic. They have so many great things going for them. I can see the raptors in the conference finals in a few years.

4. Detroit - They will still be a dominant eastern team, but not an eastern champion.

5. Boston - I imagine that they'll win around 50 games or so, but the Raptors will be better. However, in a few years, when this team develops more team, more depth I can see them in the Finals.

6. Miami - The Heat will still be a good team, but IMO they are a Win Hit wonder lol.

7. Orlando - With Howard and Lewis they have a pretty solid base. Along with Nelson, Turkoglue, Reddick and a few other players, I think they can pull it off. Losing Hill was probably for the best. I think Hill is a great player, but he is old and suffered from a severe injury.

8. The east has suddenly changed a lot. It used to be Detroit and New Jersey. No other good teams. Suddenly in the last few seasons we've seen the Heat, Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Raptors and now Celtics become very good teams.

I think that the 8th seed will have a lot of competition, but I see the Wizards taking it.

Worst team in the East: Pacers - What happened? Well, after losing so many great players, they have crumbled. They haven't gotten anything recently, and it seems as if their star player O'Neal will be leaving.

Archived