KG isn't going to the Celtics...

whitedawg22

Tank, you've lost it again, (no bias here), but common sense tells me that a team that finished third last year with a roster loaded with young developing talent led by a two time all-star, and the coach of the year, should be able to at least make the playoffs with the same roster. Bosh is turning 23, Bargnani 22 and TJ Ford 24. The nucleus is there, and with Bargnani apparently putting on more weight, they are ready to convert him into a centre. Furthermore, they signed the leading 3pt man from last year, not to mention they already have an efficient 3pt guy in Parker, and with Garbo back, and Calderon entering his free agent year, things are looking positive for the Raps. I like to think of the Raps as the Pittsburgh Penguins of basketball, they made the playoffs and were destined to be eliminated because of the lack experience.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves just became the Atlanta Hawks. Ugh.

Let's be frank, the Timberwolves have looked mighty Hawks-ian the last couple of seasons, even with KG in tow.

Sure, I can't argue with the Wolves' recent mediocrity. But having a guy of the caliber of KG at least gave fans hope that the team had a chance. It's unrealistic, certainly, to expect one guy to carry a franchise. But KG always made it seem possible.

I know there are pundits out there who see this as a sound move to begin rebuilding this franchise, that KG's salary was too onerous to carry. But I think they just gave fans a reason to ignore the Timberwolves even more than they already were.

It's like if the Twins had traded Kirby Puckett at any point in his career. Those Twins teams of the mid-90s sucked, too. But you could always go to the ballpark to see Kirby. It was a constant, and the only reason for many fans to keep paying attention.

Tank, you've lost it again, (no bias here), but common sense tells me that a team that finished third last year with a roster loaded with young developing talent led by a two time all-star, and the coach of the year, should be able to at least make the playoffs with the same roster. Bosh is turning 23, Bargnani 22 and TJ Ford 24. The nucleus is there, and with Bargnani apparently putting on more weight, they are ready to convert him into a centre. Furthermore, they signed the leading 3pt man from last year, not to mention they already have an efficient 3pt guy in Parker, and with Garbo back, and Calderon entering his free agent year, things are looking positive for the Raps. I like to think of the Raps as the Pittsburgh Penguins of basketball, they made the playoffs and were destined to be eliminated because of the lack experience.

Oops I forgot about the Raps :oops:

Id maybe insert them around 6th or 7th, wopw this deal makes the whole East better.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As probably one of the biggest Celtics fans in all of Denmark, I can't describe how happy I am that KG is in Boston now :P

I've been rooting for the C's since I saw them on Danish television in the spring of 1988 (is it really that long ago? Wow, time just flies by...)

They haven't really been a presence in the league since Bird so this just makes my hopes soar Big (Ticket) Time B)

I guess as far as KG not wanting to be in Beantown, well, that just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read or hear...

Boston is back baby! :notworthy:

celticssig5.jpg

Purdy please, vote for me: http://nha.sportslogos.net/name_change/ Thanks in advance.

Let's be frank, the Timberwolves have looked mighty Hawks-ian the last couple of seasons, even with KG in tow.

Sure, I can't argue with the Wolves' recent mediocrity. But having a guy of the caliber of KG at least gave fans hope that the team had a chance. It's unrealistic, certainly, to expect one guy to carry a franchise. But KG always made it seem possible.

I know there are pundits out there who see this as a sound move to begin rebuilding this franchise, that KG's salary was too onerous to carry. But I think they just gave fans a reason to ignore the Timberwolves even more than they already were.

It's like if the Twins had traded Kirby Puckett at any point in his career. Those Twins teams of the mid-90s sucked, too. But you could always go to the ballpark to see Kirby. It was a constant, and the only reason for many fans to keep paying attention.

Sometimes you gotta know when to pack it in. KG wasn't going to work in Minnesota any longer. Just like Iverson wasn't gonna work in Philly.

It hurts, but i'd rather have a franchise know when it's time to cut the ties than hold onto a star for too long, just to appease the fans' sentimentality. Time will tell whether or not the Wolves jettisoned him too soon, or if they didn't receive enough in return. But it's part of the game - the franchise is bigger than any one single player.

Sometimes you gotta know when to pack it in. KG wasn't going to work in Minnesota any longer. Just like Iverson wasn't gonna work in Philly.

It hurts, but i'd rather have a franchise know when it's time to cut the ties than hold onto a star for too long, just to appease the fans' sentimentality. Time will tell whether or not the Wolves jettisoned him too soon, or if they didn't receive enough in return. But it's part of the game - the franchise is bigger than any one single player.

You're right. Look at Barkley in Philly, just to name one. And Kobe isn't doing too much damage on his own. Even Jordan had to wait until the right unit was there. That's why this is all about the TEAM. I guess you could say that the Celts are Now (barring injuries, Allen and Garnett will be an impact from day one) but I certainly think Minny is the Future obtaining, among others Al Jefferson, who, coincidentally, is known as The Future :P

celticssig5.jpg

Purdy please, vote for me: http://nha.sportslogos.net/name_change/ Thanks in advance.

You're right. Look at Barkley in Philly, just to name one. And Kobe isn't doing too much damage on his own. Even Jordan had to wait until the right unit was there. That's why this is all about the TEAM. I guess you could say that the Celts are Now (barring injuries, Allen and Garnett will be an impact from day one) but I certainly think Minny is the Future obtaining, among others Al Jefferson, who, coincidentally, is known as The Future :P

Minnesota is not that bad, talent wise. Jefferson, Brewer and Randy Foye form a nice nucleus to grow with. McHale still in charge though, that's a different story. Can't believe he still has a freakin' job.

Archived