New Bruins jerseys unveiled

spyboy1

Whoa. Every now and again, a team actually makes a uniform design change that improves their look. Imagine that!

I had no problem with the B's old set. But this is a great update. The shoulder patch is light years better than the brown armadillo bear it's based on; the serifs are a noticeable change without being drastic or out place or disruptive to the look; the black and gold are well-proportioned.

My only concern is the name player name font looks really out of place and possibly illegible, between the unnecessary serifs and the double outlining. The shoulder patch could be outlined for visibility's sake, but it works OK for me.

The nicest of the NHL upgrades so far.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white jersey looks to have the BOSTON bear patch on the shoulders.

Looks like you're absolutely correct as this picture below confirms your suspicions...

Come on now!!! This is getting rediculous! Do the new Bruins jerseys have two colour or three colour numbers?

That image posted to buy the jersey shows 2 colour the picture of the player with the stick across his back shows 3 colour, NHL 08 screen shots show 2 colour, at the draft the jersey had 3 colour?

WTF?

Please let them be 3 colour!!!

The white jersey looks to have the BOSTON bear patch on the shoulders.

Looks like you're absolutely correct as this picture below confirms your suspicions...

603298342_4935b1c2d4_o.jpg

Come on now!!! This is getting rediculous! Do the new Bruins jerseys have two colour or three colour numbers?

That image posted to buy the jersey shows 2 colour the picture of the player with the stick across his back shows 3 colour, NHL 08 screen shots show 2 colour, at the draft the jersey had 3 colour?

WTF?

Please let them be 3 colour!!!

All the pictures of the Bruins draft picks have them wearing both colour jerseys and they all have 3 colour numbers on the Bruins official site, sweet.

Maybe just replica jerseys have 2 colour numbers. I hate replica jerseys, the only thing a replica should be missing is the fight strap!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Those look nice. I'm great they took Smokey the Bear off the shoulder. The new patch looks very classy.

"Smokey the Bear", that is the nicest thing ever said about the outgoing shoulder Bruin.

The new bruin on the shoulder is the first good redition ever for the Boston Bruins.

the '24, '25 and '26-34 bruin the new one is based on looks like an amadillo/bear hybred.

The '76-'95 bruin looks crazy, perhaps rabid and needed to be shot and put up of it's misery.

The '95-'07 bruin looks to docile and sleepy, he has perhaps already been shot, with a traquilizer.

The '07-present bruin is perfect, he has just the right amount of mean, he's giving the same look Cam Neely gave when he was about to tear an opponents head off.

shamrockles.png

The font for the last names is different. It kind of reminds me of the one used by the New England Patriots.

602661491_4444ef1f61_o.jpg602661343_46e4f29d55_o.jpg

Okay, I love these jerseys, but that font on the black jersey has to change. It's just too busy with all the outlines - it's not exactly easy to read on my computer screen. I can't image what it'd look like from the stands.

Also.. god damn, that Reebok logo is big.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

The font for the last names is different. It kind of reminds me of the one used by the New England Patriots.

Okay, I love these jerseys, but that font on the black jersey has to change. It's just too busy with all the outlines - it's not exactly easy to read on my computer screen. I can't image what it'd look like from the stands.

i don't mind the numbers but the name plate is a big let down... compared to the rest of the jersey, the font is too modern and it borders on unreadable... damn, you just knew something had to get screwed up, these were just too perfect...

i don't mind the numbers but the name plate is a big let down... compared to the rest of the jersey, the font is too modern and it borders on unreadable... damn, you just knew something had to get screwed up, these were just too perfect...

Now hang on, the NHL online store is notorious for messing name and/or number fonts. Wait until you see the real thing, on a real player.

I like the Boston Bruins alternate much more than the Bruins Boston alternate. First of all, it's truer to the original logo, and second of all, in the English language, we read top to bottom and left to right. They're the Boston Bruins, not Bruins Boston.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now hang on, the NHL online store is notorious for messing name and/or number fonts. Wait until you see the real thing, on a real player.

They have the name and number wrong for the white jersey, only two colour numbers!

shamrockles.png

I'm of the opinion that 3 color names are just too busy for the size they are used.

A quick run through last year's uniforms shows that the majority of teams with 3 color numbers used two, and in many cases, one color names.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived