New Bruins jerseys unveiled

spyboy1

I agree that the 3 color outline is just too busy.

It works marginally for the main numbers, but decreases legibility of the small numbers and especially the name.

The first minor slipup with the new Bruins uniform. But given the initial reports of what the number font would look like, they still dodged a bullet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the 3 color outline is just too busy.

It works marginally for the main numbers, but decreases legibility of the small numbers and especially the name.

The first minor slipup with the new Bruins uniform. But given the initial reports of what the number font would look like, they still dodged a bullet.

It's not really a big deal, they could always just switch it the way Calgary did when they released their latest red jerseys. The letters were black with an outline like the numbers and then just switched the letters to white with black outline.

The font for the last names is different. It kind of reminds me of the one used by the New England Patriots.

602661491_4444ef1f61_o.jpg602661343_46e4f29d55_o.jpg

Okay, I love these jerseys, but that font on the black jersey has to change. It's just too busy with all the outlines - it's not exactly easy to read on my computer screen. I can't image what it'd look like from the stands.

Also.. god damn, that Reebok logo is big.

i don't mind the numbers but the name plate is a big let down... compared to the rest of the jersey, the font is too modern and it borders on unreadable... damn, you just knew something had to get screwed up, these were just too perfect...

Now hang on, the NHL online store is notorious for messing name and/or number fonts. Wait until you see the real thing, on a real player.

They have the name and number wrong for the white jersey, only two colour numbers!

No, that's accurate. Check the picture of the kid getting drafted. Those are three color numbers on his jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Uhhhh... I might be a little ignorant, but what did they change?

The new ones are similar to the "Vintage Alt" they wore this past year, but with sleeve and bottom striping more like the outgoing 1995/96-2006/07 "regular" set.

2006-2007 Set:

Bruins5.gif

I never really minded this set but didn't like the yellow "bear head" alt they had from 1995/96 through 2005/06.

I came to hockey well after I started following football, basketball and baseball; I grew up watching the Bruins in this set worn from 1974/75 through the 1995 lockout season (1995 shown):

Bruins1.gif

I'm not going to go back to the "Original 6" days, but the shoulder colors on the new jerseys is an update of this version worn from the start of expansion - the 1967/68 season - through 1973/74 (note - they went pull-over instead of laces for 1973/74 only). I've shown the 1972/73 (last of the lace-ups):

Bruins1.gif

Somewhat subtle differences, but I do like the new ones. It's a nice job of updating the classic look, and I hope the other 5 "Originals" do as well.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but there are some absolutely fantastic pictures of the new Bruins jerseys now available at the Bruins web site:

http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ge&id=11924

Click on "take a tour of the new jersey" link near the top of the page.

Since there was some question about this, as you will be able to see the crest is most definitely stitched. AND, the stripes are stitched in too, which is a change from the non-Reebok Edge jerseys.

Enjoy!

Archived