Australia's Rugby World Cup jerseys

Primal

I'm sorry, but if the collar were symmetrical, it (and by "it", I mean the collar) would look awesome.

The rest of it is complete junk. Looks like someone took Fulham's kits from this past season, urinated on them, and then drove over them in a garbage truck.

it looks like they came up with three ideas and teh client went "i love them alll, if only we could use them all....."

incidentally kids. this will be the format for south africas, scotlands and irelands world cup effort.

And they demoted the Southern Cross to the sleeve? :mad: Tsk tsk...

By the way, this seemed an appropriate context to use this smiley: :upside:

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

If they just took the green piping off it completely those grip panels would be a lot less noticeable and you'd have a slightly odd but still nice jersey.

liverpool-1.png

More importantly, get rid of those bloody seams because it looks like its been turned inside out. I don't know why canterbury couldn't have used a gold material for the grip so it doesn't stick out like dogs balls. Do we really need grip on the shoulders (for those slippery scrums I'm guessing)? The more grip on the jersey INCREASES the the chance of being tackled. I don't hate the collar but I don't love it either, maybe if the base of the collar came to a v a bit lower down the jersey.

I read somewhere that this took three years to develop.

sig.png

So did adidas make these or what? The stripe around the color looks similar to those on the adidas soccer template.

Anyway, sorry to say this, but these are just plain ugly. England's are far more better than these and those still aren't very good. I mean, I've heard of overdoing the piping, but that's just insane! And is that really a grip texture on the uniform? BTW the guy on the left is freaking me out and looks like he's about to tear my face off!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

More importantly, get rid of those bloody seams because it looks like its been turned inside out. I don't know why canterbury couldn't have used a gold material for the grip so it doesn't stick out like dogs balls. Do we really need grip on the shoulders (for those slippery scrums I'm guessing)? The more grip on the jersey INCREASES the the chance of being tackled. I don't hate the collar but I don't love it either, maybe if the base of the collar came to a v a bit lower down the jersey.

I read somewhere that this took three years to develop.

Actually, Gary, not inside out as such but more like a wetsuit. The seems and it looks skin tight.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• 2 weeks later...

These made their on-field debut last night. Yeah... they look as bad as you'd expect. The grip panels almost looked white once you got the bright stadium lights onto the jerseys.

Mercifully the green piping is less noticeable than expected but I was watching on a smallish non-HD TV.

Images here:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ventId=75032499

liverpool-1.png

Looks like a joke played on Australians by New Zealanders.

People like my Kiwi friend Davidson will be laughing at us.

And will have good reason to.

The bra look is unbelievably bad.

The collar is one of those bad ideas that soccer shirts have. And one day very soon we'll look back on and laugh at.

The seams are unflattering and needless.

All up. Terrible. Just embarassingly bad.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The collar is one of those bad ideas that soccer shirts have. And one day very soon we'll look back on and laugh at.

they played in it yesterday bud. it looked a bit better then. bit strange actually tho, they played in the old shorts and socks with the new jersey? im sure ccc didnt supply them with an odd kit so i guess they werent supposed to wear it but the aru slapped it on them.

they played in it yesterday bud. it looked a bit better then. bit strange actually tho, they played in the old shorts and socks with the new jersey? im sure ccc didnt supply them with an odd kit so i guess they werent supposed to wear it but the aru slapped it on them.

Yeah, I saw the pics in the link jr gave.

As he described it, the lighting made it look like there's white patches over it.

Especially underlining the man-boobs of some of the bigger players.

(Matt Dunning, you know who I'm talking about.)

And what's with wearing it with the old shorts and socks?

I hadn't noticed them, but you're right, surely there's new gear to go with the jersey.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

One positive is that the new jerseys have a 100% winning record in them.

Stephen Hoiles scored a try too (he's like my old man's cousins son or something, however that is related to me or not i don't know).

That bra thing has to go though. It is terrible. It looks way too tight on them.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

One positive is that the new jerseys have a 100% winning record in them.

Stephen Hoiles scored a try too (he's like my old man's cousins son or something, however that is related to me or not i don't know).

That bra thing has to go though. It is terrible. It looks way too tight on them.

... that's the first time I've ever heard that someone complaining a "bra" is too tight!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived