Negro League Night in Milwaukee

DrBear

It's Negro League night in Milwaukee. The Brewers are again wearing the Milwaukee Bears unis (white, navy blue or black pinstripes, plain MILWAUKEE on the front and plain M on a white pinstripe cap) while KC is wearing Monarchs unis (dark blue with white pinstripes, script Monarchs on the front, circled KC on the sleeve).

Started the thread, now somebody can provide the pics...

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I may be alone in this, but I really dig KC's white cap with the dark jersey.

not alone...but would you be as thrilled with it if you saw it every road game? i think i would, but you never really know.

i think its friday night but i could be wrong.

That could very well be the case. I'm not sure why I thought it was Sunday. I just turned the game on today expecting to see them and wondered what the deal was.

Brewers throwback nights are Fridays this year.

The Monarchs apparently changed colors more than once during their existance and you can find periods of both primarily blue and primarily red schemes during their time. In a week or so, the Royals are having a Monarchs cap giveaway. The cap will be blue with a gold "KC". I had not been aware of the Monarchs ever using gold before. I don't know what year the cap is supposed to be from.

some more pics:

8930_large.jpg

That's a great look. I love the half-socks.

Kudos to the Brewers for wearing matching helmets - they haven't always been very good with that detail.

Can't wait to download the highlights when I get home, get a better look!

The question I have, is did Kansas City wear their normal helmets with these? I briefly saw the highlights so I was curious on that.

It appears that the Royals wore their regular blue helmets. Screencaps here

oh BRAVO for the matching batting helmets, Milwaukee!!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I may be alone in this, but I really dig KC's white cap with the dark jersey.

not alone...but would you be as thrilled with it if you saw it every road game? i think i would, but you never really know.

The dark roads look fantastic with this baggier, old-tyme style of uniform, with the high-pants. However, this would NOT look good with the slightly (with some, a lot more) slim-fitting uniforms with pants all the way down to the shoes (or beyond) that you see today.

I think the only way the dark uniforms would work today is if you massively cloned the illegitimate lovechild of Juan Pierre and Manny Ramirez.

Archived