Taking it back to the U-N-I-VER-SI-TIES...

tBBP

Whew...back from a 29-day training exercise out at Ft. Bliss, TX...and back to doing what I know and love...concepts! And while I was out there, I concocted a lot of ideas for several concepts; this is the realization of one of those here.

Before I go any further, I can guarantee NO ONE IN HERE knows what concept is coming. You didn't know when you read the title! (Okay...MAYBE three or four of you may have guessed, but I promise that's about it!)

Being that this is the third college football set I've completed, I think it's time to make a series of these. Here's the first two sets:

South Florida Bulls

UNC Tar Heels

And now, as promised...time to go see 'bout dem Cowboys...in LARAMIE.

That's right--this one here is all about (wait for it)...WY-O-MING! (Yeah--when's the last time you saw someone concoct a concept for DEM BOYS? Outside of Moser's Wyoming baseball concept, uh...how 'bout NEVER?! I know...I checked!)

I, along with probably 90% of the community, knew close to nothing about Wyoming, the university of it, or anything else about it other than the capital city being Cheyenne. (Don't ask--I'm like a capital-city geek or something.) One thing I DO know is that I love their silhouetted cowboy logo. I think there's a reason that thing hasn't changed since 1960-whatever year they started using it (I don't have the fact sheet right in front of me)--it doesn't need to. Another thing that hasn't changed--or, at least didn't up until 2002--is the basic look of the Cowboys' football sets. White dome, brown jersey, athletic gold pants. Now, sometime around 2002, the school changed to the "prairie gold" we've seen for the last five years. There is a rumor floating around out there that the U. of Wyoming may be reviving the athletic gold, and that rumor is what spawned this concept...along with being the first CCSLC'er to make a U of Wyoming football team concept. So I guess I'm a pioneer now. :D

To start with, Wyoming's uniforms have--or had--so much potential. Just the colors alone allowed for that. And true, generally three uniform items in three different colors gets frowned upon, but Wyoming's been doing it so long it's become damn near traditional for them, so I didn't stray from that formula at all. In fact, traditional is the buzzword for this concept--actually, I reached back into Wyoming's uniform history and found a set that was rather nice looking--it came from around the late '60s-early '70's era, and that's basically the template I used; I just "freshened it up" a little.

The primary set of this thing follows the same basic U of Wyo layout--white shell with cowboy logo, but with gold/brown/gold stripe this time, brown home jersey with the 70's-era shoulder stripes (albeit in reverse order--white/gold/white as opposed to the other way around), white numbers trimmed in gold, and gold pants with white/brown/white stripe. The white jersey's stripes are gold/brown/gold to match the helmet. Two notes on the jerseys: one, I fashioned a new "WYOMING" wordmark out of a western typeface, and two, I shrunk that wordmark down significantly (I think it's time Wyoming moved away from that big ol' wordmark across the front; reduce clutter, know what I'm talkin' bout?)

After doing this set, I realized just how much I actually liked Wyoming's previous football set (before the prairie gold), and I believe this set here could, if adopted in real life, stand the test of time and represent Wyoming football rather well. BUT...that's the purpose of posting these, to see how the masses view my idea.

SO...here it is, folks--the University of Wyoming Cowboys football!

PRIMARY HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys.png

And...to satisfy all the Curious Georges out there, I also concocted two other versions of this. They are below:

SECONDARY HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys2.png

THIRD/ALT HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys3.png

Holla at me folks..I ain't been around in a while, so tell me what you think!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah--when's the last time you saw someone concoct a concept for DEM BOYS? Outside of Moser's Wyoming baseball concept, uh...how 'bout NEVER?! I know...I checked!

(and later that day)

...along with being the first CCSLC'er to make a U of Wyoming football team concept. So I guess I'm a pioneer now.

the first Wyo concept? you sure, B? heh, I was pretty sure some other guy held that honor ;)

I gotta ask that nobody bump that thread, cus it always seems to happen. anyway, I think the only thing I woulda done differently here would be using a gold alt, cus I think I'm damn paranoid about my quest to find proof that Wyo did wear gold alts before they changed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeah--when's the last time you saw someone concoct a concept for DEM BOYS? Outside of Moser's Wyoming baseball concept, uh...how 'bout NEVER?! I know...I checked!

(and later that day)

...along with being the first CCSLC'er to make a U of Wyoming football team concept. So I guess I'm a pioneer now.

the first Wyo concept? you sure, B? heh, I was pretty sure some other guy held that honor ;)

I gotta ask that nobody bump that thread, cus it always seems to happen. anyway, I think the only thing I woulda done differently here would be using a gold alt, cus I think I'm damn paranoid about my quest to find proof that Wyo did wear gold alts before they changed.

So I stand corrected.

I am the SECOND CCSLC'er to post a Wyoming football concept...but the FIRST to do it using athletic gold!! (Hey Scrimmy...I gotta get a moral victory out of this somewhere... :P )

Why your concept didn't come up in the search engine i don't know. But hey...what can one say?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

As I clicked on this, I was thinking, Cowboys? Can't be Dallas of course. OSU maybe? Then I drew a blank. Wyoming would have been one of the last Cowboys teams that I would guess. Seems like this concept came from out of nowhere, Buc, but as the least populous state, I guess that statement is sort of ironic and/or a crappy pun :D.

The primary home/away set is the best. Like you said, three different uniform items in three different colors is generally frowned upon, but those gold pants make the rest of the concept stand out. Visually, they seem to be more appealing, as opposed to the set with secondary set with white pants (not that those aren't appealing, mind you.) I think the third alt home/away set is the second best out of these three sets and should be the secondary set. Even though I generally don't like monochrome unis, the Cowboys seem to be a team that can pull off a brown on brown look (unlike my Browns, who I'd never want to see in brown on brown.) Man, those brown pants are nice, just the right shade. Having the pants be a non-white color makes the helmets pop out more in my opinion and if I had to rate these babies, leave the primaries where they are (those gold pants make 'em awesome), and switch the secondary set with the third alt set. Those brown pants sure are nice, and complement the rest of the set more than the white pants, to me.

The primaries rule. Awesome work.

(One question, though Bucco, how different of a shade is the Wyoming brown compared to the Cleveland Browns brown?)

-E.A.R.

As I clicked on this, I was thinking, Cowboys? Can't be Dallas of course. OSU maybe? Then I drew a blank. Wyoming would have been one of the last Cowboys teams that I would guess. Seems like this concept came from out of nowhere, Buc, but as the least populous state, I guess that statement is sort of ironic and/or a crappy pun :D.

The primary home/away set is the best. Like you said, three different uniform items in three different colors is generally frowned upon, but those gold pants make the rest of the concept stand out. Visually, they seem to be more appealing, as opposed to the set with secondary set with white pants (not that those aren't appealing, mind you.) I think the third alt home/away set is the second best out of these three sets and should be the secondary set. Even though I generally don't like monochrome unis, the Cowboys seem to be a team that can pull off a brown on brown look (unlike my Browns, who I'd never want to see in brown on brown.) Man, those brown pants are nice, just the right shade. Having the pants be a non-white color makes the helmets pop out more in my opinion and if I had to rate these babies, leave the primaries where they are (those gold pants make 'em awesome), and switch the secondary set with the third alt set. Those brown pants sure are nice, and complement the rest of the set more than the white pants, to me.

The primaries rule. Awesome work.

(One question, though Bucco, how different of a shade is the Wyoming brown compared to the Cleveland Browns brown?)

-E.A.R.

Page PANTONE about that one...I couldn't tell you. I mean...I'm pretty sure he knows what Cleveland's PMS value(is) is/are, as well as U of Wy's. I CAN tell you what Wyo's is, though, at least according to their Graphic Standards Manual (which, if you do enough research, you can find for damn near any school AS WELL AS A CERTAIN FEW NFL SQUADS. That's how I found the PMS values for the schools in this series, thus far.)

These are perfect!!! I can't decide on which one is the best of the three, maybe the set with the white pants.

Also, you did a fantastic job with your UNC and USF concepts.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Great work here. Pairs the simple, iconic Wyoming logo with the perfect uniforms. The all-white set is amazing. I'm not sold on the monochrome brown, but that's just my personal tastes. Nice avatar.

B, it is so :censored: hard to type out a response while applauding enthusiastically. (Don't ask how I am doing it. In fact, stop thinking about it altogether. Thanks.)

This is, to the last detail, flawless.

I don't have 2 cents, but I'll flip a nickel your way and you can keep the rest.

- gold pants, home and away.

- love the older style varsity block numbers with the extra serifs - like the Packers (and others) of the '60s.

- not touching the helmet was a wise move.

Welcome back - you haven't lost a step.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

When I read the title I immediately thought of Wyoming, but that's not why I posted. When I saw the yellow pant set, the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh my god, those are gorgeous!" The white pant set is good, but I've gotta give the nod to the yellows.

Right now, I think Wyoming as one of the ugliest sets in college football. If they adopted this set, they'd catapult to one of the prettiest. Spectacular job.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

When I read the title I immediately thought of Wyoming, but that's not why I posted. When I saw the yellow pant set, the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh my god, those are gorgeous!" The white pant set is good, but I've gotta give the nod to the yellows.

Right now, I think Wyoming as one of the ugliest sets in college football. If they adopted this set, they'd catapult to one of the prettiest. Spectacular job.

You may have been in that 1% or 2% of the community that even had an idea upon first sight... :D

Which begs the question: is anyone in here actually from or currently residing in--or have ever resided in--Wyoming? Talk about states you never hear about, unless it's referring to Yellowstone...

Archived