NHL Divisions Concept

jkrdevil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the playoff format here?

And poor Detroit, all out of its element in former Eastern Conference teams...

Quoted from the initial post:

-The league would be broken down into 4 divisions: the Adams, Patrick, Norris, and Smythe Divisions.

-Each division has 7 or 8 teams.

-There are no conferences they have been eliminated.

-Top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs.

-Playoffs are Divisional Based with the first two rounds being divisional playoffs.

-The 4 divisional playoff champions will be reseeded for the 3 round.

By my guess the top 4 from each division will make the playoffs (1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 in division). Sounds like once there are 4 playoff teams remaining, the teams will be re-seeded 1-4.

What's the playoff format here?

And poor Detroit, all out of its element in former Eastern Conference teams...

Quoted from the initial post:

-The league would be broken down into 4 divisions: the Adams, Patrick, Norris, and Smythe Divisions.

-Each division has 7 or 8 teams.

-There are no conferences they have been eliminated.

-Top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs.

-Playoffs are Divisional Based with the first two rounds being divisional playoffs.

-The 4 divisional playoff champions will be reseeded for the 3 round.

By my guess the top 4 from each division will make the playoffs (1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 in division). Sounds like once there are 4 playoff teams remaining, the teams will be re-seeded 1-4.

Correct

The logos are great and there's no way you'll satisfy everybody with a division pattern.

If you ask me (and even if you don't, I'll tell you anyway ahahahha), I don't care much about who's with whom in which division or conference. Or maybe I do for 2 things, I wanna see the Maple Laughs and the Penguins 8 times a season!

What I think is unacceptable, is not to play against everybody in the league during a season.

Make it 6 divisions of 5 (as they do right now), play 8 times against your own division and 2 times against the rest of the league... There's your 82 games and have a nice season everybody!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Nice idea... but I'm tired of seeing Toronto and Montreal in the same division. Yes I enjoy playing them during the season but the draw back is that we can never again play them in the Stanley Cup Finals. At times I do wish the NHL was organized like the MLB in the sense that divisions aren't always geographic and can supply friendly competition between state/province rivals who have the potential of meeting in championship rounds

Come on now, the LEAFS haven't even been IN the final in over 40 years, the idea to separate them from the Canadiens so they could play in the finals together?

The possibility of the Leafs ( A ) making it to the final and ( B ) doing it the same year the Canadians do it is the longest of long shots. If it ever happened I would know pro sports is as rigged as wrestling!!!

Hahaha...

Leafs in the final...

Hahaha...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The possibility of the Leafs ( A ) making it to the final and ( B ) doing it the same year the Canadians do it is the longest of long shots. If it ever happened I would know pro sports is as rigged as wrestling!!!

Now this is like a comet, it was a close call in 1993 but next time will be in 75 years!

Hahaha... Leafs in the final... Hahaha...

On that quote, I agree... ahahahhaha

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Now this is like a comet, it was a close call in 1993 but next time will be in 75 years!

Hahaha... Leafs in the final... Hahaha...

On that quote, I agree... ahahahhaha

A Bruins fan and a Habs fan agree. The end of the world is near!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

>_> Ouch guys, that hurts.

I recall that the Canadian's didn't do this hot this year.

On the division logos, very nice. Yes, I'm very noobish.

Yeah, both our team forgot one other team..... The Islanders! :blink:

But in Montreal, we are wearing shades to look at our bright future... B)

In Toronto? Might as well go to bed... The sun went down already! :sleeping:

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I think I'm one of three NHL fans that...

(1) Likes the geographical names.

(2) Would be more than happy if the Western and Eastern conference teams never met during the regular season, and

(3) Loves the amount of divisional games there currently are.

You might be happy, but Western teams would not be because they wouldn't be able to see Crosby and company during the season.

I would change a few things. I would switch Minnesota and Chicago up into the adams division just because I feel that they would do better economically playing against those teams.

Bring columbus into the Patrick Division

And Bring Carolina down to the NorrisDivision

As for the logos I would switch some colours,

I would either make the Adams Devision yellow or I would three-way switch some colours.

Adams: Red

Norris: Green

Patrick: Orange.

Hi, how are you?

I would change a few things. I would switch Minnesota and Chicago up into the adams division just because I feel that they would do better economically playing against those teams.

Bring columbus into the Patrick Division

And Bring Carolina down to the NorrisDivision

As for the logos I would switch some colours,

I would either make the Adams Devision yellow or I would three-way switch some colours.

Adams: Red

Norris: Green

Patrick: Orange.

I had thought about that and originally had something similar the problem is that taking Chicago out of the Norris completely screws St. Louis out of having a natural rival which is something I tried to avoid. I didn't want to screw over a team the way Washington got screwed over in the last realignment. Every team with the exception of Dallas and Minnesota has at least one other team that with them that was in their previous division. The reason Minnesota and Dallas don't is because they were previously in a division with teams two timezones over.

As for Minnesota and Florida being in the same division that was previously brought up. Minnesota is about the same distance away from Sunrise, FL as it is to Vancouver which is currently in Minnesota's division. The difference is Vancouver is two time zones away Florida is only 1.

For the colors Red was used for the Norris Division because of James Norris connection to the Red Wings who primary color was red. Blue was used for the Smythe because of Conn Smythe and the Maple Leafs. I used orange for the Adams because that division features most of the older teams and orange was used in the original NHL logo. Green for Patrick was by default because I needed a 4th color and green fit nicely.

Archived