Illegible Name / Number Fonts

number81

What team puts numbers on their red socks? :P

In all seriousness, though, is this the Jags uni you're talking about?

http://www.ssur.org/research/CK_NFLUniform...ckjaguars94.jpg

I don't remember anything from 1998.

No - actually, after further research, I think it was in 1997, with the first round of jaguars uni updates. (the numbers were changed from block to the current font) I tried and tried to find a pic, but could not. I vaguely remember a pic of Mark Brunell wearing this, and his '8' bascially didn't contain any negative space. It was so bad they had to change it mid pre season...

nat-255.jpg

YES! That's it - Thanks!!!

So, can we change the topic title to "Illegible Name/Number Fonts"? Or at least the moderately more accurate (but still undesirable) "Unreadable Name...."?

Pretty please?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the best number font is the Carolina Hurricanes. It's clean and easy to read and the italics give it some action/motion. The NHL really doesn't have any that are really bad. The hardest one to read may have been the Capitals, but I liked it, it wasn't that bad and now they've changed anyway.

I just wish the Wild would have chosen a nice vintage looking font for their red throwback style jersey. That horrid "Machine" font is the one I see nearly every time a jersey is customized by someone who has no idea of what they are doing.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived