A double shot of baseball history

CC97

Ugh, I was so close to seeing a couple of historic baseball moments in one game today...

Closest I've ever been to a no-hitter, but dammit one day I'll get it

n583265050_665280_1051.jpg

Ended up blowing it in the 9th...

And while I saw #499 today, he struck out in his 2 chances at #500... now heading out on the road to Minnesota - someone out there represent me for that one!

n583265050_665316_7482.jpg

But damn, so close to seeing a 500th career home run AND a no-hitter in the same game... would have been hard to top that one.

BTW, Rockies suck... sweeeeeeeeeeep! ;) (that's a joke, chill! :D the suck part, I mean... the sweep part is very true :) )

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Fine, I'll boast. We swept a team that just took 5/6 from the Sox and Yanks. Hell yeah! I'll take a 1 hit shutout any da of the week, and it was good to see Frankie nail 499. I'm less upset over missing Wendsday's game against the Dodgers after seeing this game

I'm torn on wether to turn in my ticket for the free pizza tomorrow or not...

Ugh, I was so close to seeing a couple of historic baseball moments in one game today...

Saw Rickey get his 3,000th hit and Gwynn's last game in the same game. Also was at the last game at Qualcomm Stadium and first in PETCO Park.

Nevermind. I don't think either of those come close to a no-hitter and 500th homer in the same game. Especially considering the Padres have never seen either one that they were on the good side of.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I'm torn on wether to turn in my ticket for the free pizza tomorrow or not...

Get the pizza.

A 1-hit shutout and HR #499 aren't going to be much to brag about.

It's like bragging you got to see "The Art Garfunkel-Ringo Starr Experience" live in concert

---

Chris Creamer

Chris, weren't you supposed to be in Cleveland today watching the ChampCar race as part of your roadtrip, or at least in Canton at the Football Hall of Fame?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I got to see Len Barker's perfect game back when I was a kid. We didn't even realize it until about the 6th inning or so, but it was something to behold even though it was, after all, Len Barker and the Indians.

I've caught six no-hitters on television though, including both no-no's on TV the night that ESPN had the doubleheader where both games wound up being no-hitters. That has to count for something, right?

nav-logo.png

Chris, weren't you supposed to be in Cleveland today watching the ChampCar race as part of your roadtrip, or at least in Canton at the Football Hall of Fame?

JeffB

Close! Leaving for my trip in 31 minutes. We were forbidden to go near Cleveland so going to Erie and Syracuse for some minor league ball, but that's another story for another day.

I got to see Len Barker's perfect game back when I was a kid. We didn't even realize it until about the 6th inning or so, but it was something to behold even though it was, after all, Len Barker and the Indians.

I've caught six no-hitters on television though, including both no-no's on TV the night that ESPN had the doubleheader where both games wound up being no-hitters. That has to count for something, right?

I guess so, seeing it on television isn't nearly as neat tho :P

And no, we're not a fan of Mr. Barker's perfect game B)

---

Chris Creamer

I was at Mike Mussina's near perfect game in 1997 (or 96). Sandy Alomar broke it up in the ninth with a single and two outs to go.

I also attending a game in which two 500 homerun club members homered in the same game (both having 500 homeruns at the time). Barry Bonds and Rafael "Steriods" Palmeiro both homered. I think the scoreboard said that it was only the third time that happened.

It's like bragging you got to see "The Art Garfunkel-Ringo Starr Experience" live in concert

I saw that concert at the Holiday Inn out by the Turnpike a few years ago. Man, what a show!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived