Hockey with the Blues going verticle

karby65

Saw on the Blues official board, and the local paper's board that their uniforms are supposedly staying essentially the same, but with verticle stripes :mad: . Was confirmed by a Blues Alumni/staffer. After going diagonal, I thought they learned. Why does reebok have to try to redefine hockey style and tradition? Blues, learn from the Rams, after they got rid of their golden arm pits. Don't look like the Caps or Jackets. Like their logos, but not their uniform.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does reebok have to try to redefine hockey style and tradition?

After what the Bruins recently unveiled, this question is simply not valid. Blame the team, chief. Blame the team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After what the Bruins recently unveiled, this question is simply not valid. Blame the team, chief. Blame the team.

agreed

That's why I said tried. The Bruins look better than they did. Look at the Caps, Sabres, Isles, and from reports, eventually the Panthers.

That's why I said tried. The Bruins look better than they did. Look at the Caps, Sabres, Isles, and from reports, eventually the Panthers.

Yes, because all of those other franchises weren't strong enough to hold off Reebok, but the Bruins? The Bruins held strong!

It's the team, dude. Not the company. If it were the company, Boston would've had piping all over the place as well.

Also, to just assume vertical stripes is bad isn't fair IMO.

If they use the same striping pattern but have it run up the sides of the jerseys (though I'm not sure what the sleeves would look like), I don't think that's anything to freak out about.

I'm hoping anyways.

Replacing the best uniforms in sports isn't an easy task.

Also, to just assume vertical stripes is bad isn't fair IMO.

If they use the same striping pattern but have it run up the sides of the jerseys (though I'm not sure what the sleeves would look like), I don't think that's anything to freak out about.

I'm hoping anyways.

I might give ya 2nd best...

frp16541ti8.gif

By ndchasowy

Let's hope these stay relatively the same.

:hockeysmiley:

I have no problem with vertical striping. Verticle striping however, is just weird. So weird, that I've never heard of it before.

The Denver Broncos (in)famously used vertically striped socks during their first season in the old American Football League. They were legendary for their ugliness, which might explain the adverse response to the same idea on hockey jerseys.

CCSLC signature.png

I actually have seen the Blues new jerseys in person, they do have vertical stripes. same colors and such, but because of the vertical stripes when you look at them the kinda look like a female cut jesey that ccm came out with a few years ago. The pants will also have a kinda swoop that follows the jersey down the side to the middle of the pant that will be gold and white trim. The socks are horizantal stripes with gold and white stipes that is made out of a("more cut resistant material".) Personally don't care for them. Wish I had some pictures of them but I didn't know when I was going to be able to see them, and obviously wasn't prepared. Promise you this it what they will look like.

I actually have seen the Blues new jerseys in person, they do have vertical stripes. same colors and such, but because of the vertical stripes when you look at them the kinda look like a female cut jesey that ccm came out with a few years ago. The pants will also have a kinda swoop that follows the jersey down the side to the middle of the pant that will be gold and white trim. The socks are horizantal stripes with gold and white stipes that is made out of a("more cut resistant material".) Personally don't care for them. Wish I had some pictures of them but I didn't know when I was going to be able to see them, and obviously wasn't prepared. Promise you this it what they will look like.

That doesn't sound awful, but I'd prefer we keep what we had. Oh well.

Here's a big part though...what do the sleeves/shoulders look like?

I've been nervous about what direction the Blues would go in. They are typically a well dressed team. I was not a fan of the formerly away now home dark jersey. I didn't like the use of navy blue and then a darker navy blue with yellow numbering. I had hoped this would have been fixed. The whites were perfect jerseys, though. Anyway. I think the Blue jackets did a fine job with their new jerseys. I also think the Caps new look is fantastic, I might even pick up one of their new jerseys. To me the biggest mistake in hockey jersys are unbalanced looks, like the 90's Blues with diagonal lines. This recent final between the Ducks and the Sens was one of the ugliest finals ever. The Sens have a cartoony kd like logo on their jersey and an unbalanced swoop. The ducks failed in their redesign going with a very Pens looking black and gold motif. They also used the full team name when they have a very unique web D that could have served better as a jersey logo. Finally they added two swooshy lines that unbalances the jersey. Really, the ducks failed so poorly. A forest green jersey with a tempered orange webbed D logo on a traditional looking jeresy with a few horizontal lines at the bottom and on the sleeve would have looked unique and traditional. Ugh. Hopefully the Blues vertical striping will be simple and tastful and not over done.

But it will be interesting to see what the Canadiens' new look will be....

Can we all play this game? Here's my contribution: I still don't get why Syracuse Orange football is changing uniforms again, but I'm excited to see it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

But it will be interesting to see what the Canadiens' new look will be....

Can we all play this game? Here's my contribution: I still don't get why Syracuse Orange football is changing uniforms again, but I'm excited to see it.

I can't wait to see what shirt I'll wear tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if I'll wear matching pants or, perhaps, none at all.

I'll be sure to let you all know if any info is leaked in a seperate thread.

philly.png

Of course we can play the game.

I'm dead serious about thinking the Blues latest look was the best in sports, but the comment was said tongue in cheek.

I heard about this vertical striping a few months ago, I think JD mentioned it in an interview. He said at first it was jarring and different, but now he feels comfortable with it. All I can think of when I hear vertical striping is the Olympic teams from '06. I don't know if that's what they mean though.

Find the thread for the QC Flames. That's probably the kind of vertical striping they're talking about. If so, the Blues will look fine, and maintain their tie for first place (along with the STL Cardinals, STL Rams, and STL U) on the best uniform and best fans list.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived