Hurricanes Jersey leaked?

NHL1016

Okay... during draft day this year the 'Canes jersey that was used since their first season was presented to the draft picks... but as I noticed in the screens in NHL 08... I noticed they were different, take a look

car_3.jpg

Any thoughts?

Enough of this talk about these silly "video games."

Am I the only one who finds the shoulder outline somewhat extraneous?

The Columbus Blue Jackets look SHARP though. Good job.

Enough of this talk about these silly "video games."

Am I the only one who finds the shoulder outline somewhat extraneous?

The Columbus Blue Jackets look SHARP though. Good job.

Yeah, it's almost as if they added something just for the sake of adding something. Assuming those are the final product (you never know). But still, they're alright.

Wow. It's no wonder EA Sports and their NHL series hasn't gone up in smoke yet... if all anyone cares about is how it looks, then of course it's the greatest game ever. They could polish those pieces of **** in gold for all I care, if the game play sucks the way it has for the last X-amount of years it won't make any difference... considering, zoom those picture out 50x and that's the "graphics" you see for 95% of your playing time.

Wow. It's no wonder EA Sports and their NHL series hasn't gone up in smoke yet... if all anyone cares about is how it looks, then of course it's the greatest game ever. They could polish those pieces of **** in gold for all I care, if the game play sucks the way it has for the last X-amount of years it won't make any difference... considering, zoom those picture out 50x and that's the "graphics" you see for 95% of your playing time.

from what i read, there are suppose to be many new improvements over previous years. i like the fact if you're on offense and you want to put the moves on a defensive guy, you can push the puck forward or to the side(not have possesion) put the moves on the guy and then regain control of the puck. go over to ign.com and read about the new additions as for the canes uni. i think it is an un-needed addition. but its good to seem them do something that would make it stand apart from the wings uni's

I am a die hard canes fan, and i have always liked what they have worn since, well the begining of their existence. I am not a huge fan of the white shoulder piping, does any one know if their is any chance of at least an update of the logos? I love what they have, but a little touch up never hurts.

I am a die hard canes fan, and i have always liked what they have worn since, well the begining of their existence. I am not a huge fan of the white shoulder piping, does any one know if their is any chance of at least an update of the logos? I love what they have, but a little touch up never hurts.

I agree, the 'Canes set is almost perfect as it is. Still, the white piping doesn't detract from it, IMO. Still, it doesn't really add to the look either. So rather then improving or worsening their look, the 'Canes have kind of moved sideways. That's not bad, considering what happened to the Kings and Islanders(?).

As for the logo, the only change I would make would be to flip it, so the eye of the hurricane bares a stronger resemblance to a hockey puck.

Now, I'm just going to put forth the question--and by all means, dispel it please--but is it really a leak?

We all know that people were getting new uniforms and throughout the summer we would be seeing them.

So why not use the opportunity to showcase them with NHL08 when it was already mentioned that one of your team's players was going to be on the box?

I don't remember the rule being that the draft was the first day the new jerseys were to be unveiled, nor did I see anywhere that Washington HAD to be the first team either.

Oh well, I'm probably babbling, just wanted to offer that up. As wrong as it may be.

Last year's 360 game was pretty good. Especially considering it was the first next-gen title and made from scratch. This year's game is looking pretty promising too from the previews I've read.

The graphics look good, but they got Boston's numbers wrong. They're missing the third layer of trim :cursing:

And yeah, Carolina's shoulder piping is a little pointless, but it does look pretty sharp.

Archived