Top 50 Jerks in Sports History

sc49erfan15

... hmmmm... no Bertuzzi on the list?

From my quick glance, no hockey at all on the list.

Also, it appears #'s 38-40 didn't make it here, though the last part of #38 mentions the Browns, so Art Modell could be #38......

yeah ... you know hockey is an afterthought in the US when NONE of the top 50 jerks are hockey personalities :D

I saw, I came, I left.

40. Bobby Fischer -- Chess playing anti-Semite. Jerk level: 2

39. Uga V -- The Georgia Bulldog mascot once tried to bite the cajones off of a rival Auburn player. Bad doggy! Jerk level: 2.1 (however, loses jerk points because of cuteness).

38. Art Modell -- Moved the historic Cleveland Browns. Jerk level: 2.3

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Also, it appears #'s 38-40 didn't make it here, though the last part of #38 mentions the Browns, so Art Modell could be #38......

#38 was indeed Art Modell.

#40 was Bobby Fischer and #39 was Uga V.

LvZYtbZ.png

Claude Lemieux was #23.

Todd Bertuzzi should have made the list. I would have also given at least an HM to Marv Albert (A kinky womanizer? Yessss!!!) and Mike Tice (ex-Vikings coach and Super Bowl ticket scalper whose teams are more remembered for an orgy on Lake Minnetonka than anything they did on the field).

CCSLC signature.png

Earnhardt is on this list?

What a joke

For those who forget, before his sainthood was established after his death in 2001, Dale Earnhardt was an assh*le of the highest caliber....

Thank you!!!!

Oh, and unfortunately we can now add Chris Benoit near the top of the list.

it's a sports list. not a "shoot up steroids and dance around in underwear" list.

speaking of steroids and prancing... am i missing it, or where's romanowski?

[edit]nevermind... found him[/edit]

And Bonds? Belongs right after the murderers - and ahead of Cobb. Cobb at least didn't deny he was an arrogant, racist SOB.

Are you kidding me? Barry Bonds has never choked an umpire during a game. Barry Bonds has never stabbed anyone. So somehow Cobb's pride in his bigotry and attempted murder makes it acceptable?

You're obviously not aware of Bonds' marital history/domestic life.

#38 was indeed Art Modell.

I feel slightly vindicated, but Modell definitely ranks higher on the list. Not Top 10, but definitely Top 25... and in terms of bad sports businessmen, he's in a pantheon all his own.

nav-logo.png

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Wednesday, June 27th, 2007 - 21:03:14)
39. Uga V -- The Georgia Bulldog mascot once tried to bite the cajones off of a rival Auburn player. Bad doggy! Jerk level: 2.1 (however, loses jerk points because of cuteness).

Heh....

Well, it gives me a good reason to post this:

cavemannl9.jpg

Art Modell gets extra points because he at least left the Browns name in Cleveland, where it belongs.

It's also tough to argue with the top three. Now, if O.J. will ever capture the, ahem, "real" killer ...

Archived