Washington Capitals Alternate Logo

capsfan1000

I like how they've incorporated the capitol dome into the logo, but I don't like the shape it turns the eagle into. The logo doesnt look balanced. I think the concept could work, but they missed the mark on this one.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Anyone that likes the orca bay logo can't be dissing that eagle. I'd take that eagle over the gay whale any day.

I like this logo, great job by the caps.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Anyone that likes the orca bay logo can't be dissing that eagle. I'd take that eagle over the gay whale any day.

So you don't like the Canucks logo because of a its personal preferences. If you don't like the design or the Orca Bay company connection that's fine, but I why would you not like a logo just because it's gay.

I like the Capitals logo. It's not great, but it's not that bad.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Its a great idea but it is bloody ugly I would have to say. I am willing to rank it with the buffaslug and that dallas alt from a few years back...

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

This logo is 1324987209857034957x better than the mooterus.

It's a letter, it's a an animal, it's a symbol, and it incorporates the team name through a void. I think this is going to make a great 3rd crest when they get around to rolling them out.

The mooterus was tacky, poorly executed and in general - lame.

Its a great idea but it is bloody ugly I would have to say. I am willing to rank it with the buffaslug and that dallas alt from a few years back...

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

This logo is 1324987209857034957x better than the mooterus.

It's a letter, it's a an animal, it's a symbol, and it incorporates the team name through a void. I think this is going to make a great 3rd crest when they get around to rolling them out.

The mooterus was tacky, poorly executed and in general - lame.

I love the idea of this logo. I just think that it was poorly executed. They could have done a much better job connecting the eagle with the capitol dome. As for the slug or the mooterus...those ideas were pretty good but they were very tacky as you said and also poorly executed. I still would rank this "W eagle dome" logo thing with them. Its for sure not as worse but its not a whole lot better either. Maybe it will grow on me like the ducks logo did.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Maybe it will grow on me like the ducks logo did.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

the ducks have a logo ??? I thought it was just a webbed foot and a word.... Barely qualififes...

and enough hate on the orca already... the art is done Haida-esque and represents a very rich First Nations culture and population in the province... Calling it gay you may as well be calling Haida art as a whole gay too...

It was a bold move on part of the canucks to use native art to inspire their logo and I think its one of the best logos the canucks have ever had, with the worst colors they have had....

But I cant be surprised by the hate for it considering people are actually liking the idea of sticking a dirty lumberjack on there for the logo..Johnny Canuck, whatever..THAT is a terrible logo.....

Ya, Good call.. itll remind the country of the mass clear cutting that goes on in BC, much better than Haida art..

The canucks have done successfully what the vancouver olympics failed miserably at with their Inukshuk logo ....

As far as the washington logo goes it could be worse... and Ive alwayts liked Trans Am's logo

t_7236.jpg

Id rather have the odl eagle logo from last season recoloured.

I did up a few quick jobs of that idea and it would honestly look really good... WAY better than the trans am logo....

Im dissing it, and I like the Orca logo. What are you gonna do? :P

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 - 11:27:57)

So you don't like the Canucks logo because of a its personal preferences. If you don't like the design or the Orca Bay company connection that's fine, but I why would you not like a logo just because it's gay.

I like the Capitals logo. It's not great, but it's not that bad.

The logo was made to make the new orca bay company happy, it had no real ties with the city other than the chugified design to it. Which is pretty halfa**ed either way. It's a C with a whale breaking out of it on constipation.

Vancouver Canucks - We are all Canucks.

So according to the design team, we're all native's or aboriginals..if so, i'm going to go find my 9mm.

Johnny Canuck the lumberjack or the aviator, work better. The Skate worked better because it was soo broad, you could interpret it to whatever the hell you wanted.

Im dissing it, and I like the Orca logo. What are you gonna do? :P

Laugh at you when the team finally gets rid of the orca-constipated-whale logo. Which will happen soon enough, not this upcoming season...but they are starting to move in that direction and i'm glad.

I'm also glad i'm a bigger penguins fan than a hometown canuck fan, thank god for that.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived