Bucks 40th

Hoopskid

bucks40.jpg

I look at that logo and see nothing that evokes the three greatest icons in Bucks history.

As much as I love Bango (and would love to see him return full-time), I don't think that a good anniversary logo needs to incorporate direct representations of what has come before.

For example, I think the Bucks' 30th Anniversary logo is a mess:

http://www.sportslogos.net/~asgsport/images3/Bucks30.gif

Bango doesn't look right in the updated colors, and the composition is way too busy.

As much as I love Bango (and would love to see him return full-time), I don't think that a good anniversary logo needs to incorporate direct representations of what has come before.

You're right, Gothamite, it doesn't. I just think it's unfortunate that everything about the present day Bucks identity is so empty, from the uniforms, to the logo, to the team on the court. The Anniversary should be a celebration of the past. This logo just reaffirms how far the club has fallen since the good ol' days.

I don't think that the team should be criticized for its logo. Besides, they are doing what a number of teams have done before them, most recently with the Pacers and the Hawks. They go to a new identity to escape an older one. The green and red is, to some degree, reminiscent of the past, yet the new identity will bring them much change and hopefully good luck. Only one good thing happened in the purple era.

And inserting the old Bango logo would look a little busy. The main problem with this logo, though, is how tall it is and how it is mostly filler and text.

Archived